My Name is Arch, and I'm...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
TheDoctor said:
*Hides teabags*
*feels slightly inadequate*

*remembers Arch likes avatar and perks up*

<pssst> <whisper> It's all right. I use teabags too. And drink out of a mug, not a cup. But don't tell anyone. Especially Uncle Phil. He might come and take back the flowers he brought me for knitting the teacosies. And yes, your avatar is a highlight of my day. </whisper>

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I may be a bigot, but I'm a tolerant one.

Mugs are OK, as long as you observe the little finger rule. I use one myself (you can see it in the picture). I'll pretend I didn't hear the bit about teabags...

Have you seen what they put in teabags???

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Uncle Phil said:
I may be a bigot, but I'm a tolerant one.

Mugs are OK, as long as you observe the little finger rule. I use one myself (you can see it in the picture). I'll pretend I didn't hear the bit about teabags...

Have you seen what they put in teabags???

Yes. I even know that they are called 'fannings'. Originally, at least, they were the broken off bits from the edges of the dried leaves, and being the edges, apparently, the various oils and things that make tea, well, tea, are slightly more concentrated in them. So they make tea for less weight than leaves, and were ideal for making cheap teabags when such things were invented.

I suspect these days, they crush up whole leaves, since teabags are such a large part of the market.

Top Bottom