My Name is Arch, and I'm...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Hey! Is my Shark off the menu then??? ;):sad:

I was looking foward to that, I even told my Daughter about it and now she keeps asking when it will be coming! (not a good idea, memo to self - never do that again!).

No, no, it's on the list, it's just that the list got a bit creased over the run up to Christmas and jumbled up. If you have a little'un asking, and since you did ask ages ago, I will move you up to the top, and get thinking about it right away. I think I can do it as a tubular knit, I just need to find some suitable grey wool. I will put aside my fancy sock yarn for a while.

Yeah, that Hitch Hikers scene is fun!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Arch, you seem to be getting a bit over-loaded. May I suggest that instead of trying to knit your friend a Dalek jumper, you could look at a site by a certain mr cloud ;). (mrcloud) and find her a tee shirt (we might get a summer this year).

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Speicher said:
Arch, you seem to be getting a bit over-loaded. May I suggest that instead of trying to knit your friend a Dalek jumper, you could look at a site by a certain mr cloud ;). (mrcloud) and find her a tee shirt (we might get a summer this year).

Oh, those are good!

I am a bit overloaded, I need to get back into routine. It doesn't help that I just bought SimCity, and have got a bit addicted to that, but that'll wear off. Also, I'm knitting some fancy socks for myself....

Friend of mine saw a great Dr Who teeshirt, it had words across it, and a line, like the old bouncing ball for singalongs (you get what I mean?) and the words were like "diddly-dum, diddly-dum, diddly-dum, diddly diddly diddly-dum, diddly-dum, woooo-oooo-oooooo...." and the bouncing ball at the end was a little tardis...

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Arch said:
Friend of mine saw a great Dr Who teeshirt, it had words across it, and a line, like the old bouncing ball for singalongs (you get what I mean?) and the words were like "diddly-dum, diddly-dum, diddly-dum, diddly diddly diddly-dum, diddly-dum, woooo-oooo-oooooo...." and the bouncing ball at the end was a little tardis...

*wants:biggrin:*
*googles for such a garment*

yoyo

Hi Arch,

Just found this thread. Initially thought it was a joke. I knit compulsively too. Socks are my obsession at present. I do love the sock yarn in the wool shop near the Minster. I also buy lots of wool when on holiday in Switzerland. Alas I lack imagination and could not even begin to make the Minster. Your work sounds amazing.

Yoyo

yoyo

Very droll

Yoyo

yenrod

Aperitif said:
Sorry - I'm up and down around here...you? ;)

graham_san_andreas_2_np.jpg

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
yoyo said:
Hi Arch,

Just found this thread. Initially thought it was a joke. I knit compulsively too. Socks are my obsession at present. I do love the sock yarn in the wool shop near the Minster. I also buy lots of wool when on holiday in Switzerland. Alas I lack imagination and could not even begin to make the Minster. Your work sounds amazing.

Yoyo

Oh, I'm very flattered. I dunno, I just muck about in wool, really, some of my animals have been made up from scratch, some are adaptations of patterns I have (so far, I think, I've done a ferret, a mongoose, a bull, an armadillo, an elephant puppet and I'm just about to start a shark...). I haven't done the Minster yet, but I can sort of see how I could. Maybe one day. So, are you in York then? Do you mean the shop Sheepish? I find that one a bit posh and intimidating, I get most of my wool in Boyes, which is cheaper, but has less variety...

Doctor, if you can't find the tee-shirt, I'll ask my mate where he saw it. It was probably at a convention of some sort....

Top Bottom