My Name is Arch, and I'm...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Arch,

I need a jumper as part of a costumes to go with my 1895 racing bike (and to make a bit of a statement about who invented the pneumatic tyre:evil:)

It needs to be a round neck with long sleeves in black with a cream panel and Edlin Tyres across the front.

Chest size needs to be 42", Arms 23" from sholder to wrist and the back 29" from collar.

This is a modern version http://www.amba-marketing.com/products.php?cid=35&pid=346 mine doesnt need a zip.

Let me know what you think:smile:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
As promised, two photos of the knitted birthday card.:biggrin:

Bikes!

cykel_004_edited.jpg

Link

Not sure but it could lead to a new compatibility issue..........
can you use a Shimano 105 groupset with 4 ply or do I need to use Campag?

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Arch said:
Uncle Phil. Why not ask for something for Mrs Uncle Phil, as a surprise? A knitted fiddle maybe? (Oh, god, I've done it now, haven't I....)

I've gone away and thought about this carefully overnight. And what I'd like is a pair of his and hers tea cosies.

Sorry if that's a bit boring compared with a model of the Minster. Tea cosies seem to have gone out of fashion, but we still use them - call us old fashioned but we like tea made with loose leaves, in a pot. And while it brews you need to keep it hot.

Anyway, we each have a small teapot about the size of a grapefruit that we use at work, and below you can see the improvised cosy I'm using. Mrs Uncle Phil doesn't have a work tea cosy.

Now if you could make tea cosies with a bicycle or fiddling theme to them somehow, it would make them less boring and more personal. How about it?

BILD0037.jpg

BILD0036.jpg

And why can't you buy cafetiere cosies?...

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Rog: I can see what I can do - I'll look for a standard mans sweater pattern. It's not going to be all that fine wool, like a machine knitted one, I think 4ply is the finest I could manage, and it'll take a while (the chunkier the wool, the faster the knit...). I'll get back to you in the New Year with costs (which will be mainly the wool...)

Speicher, that's a really cute little baker!

Cunobelin - only last night I was with some friend who make 'artbikes' for a project and I thought of getting one of their scrap bikes and covering each tube with a knitted cover - as much as possible to still be ridable...

Uncle Phil - I will put my thinking cap on and get back to you (or shall I just go ahead and surprise you? I have a few basic teacosy patterns, so should be able to adapt. I like your jiffy bag! And cafetiere covers... My Mum made her own, a quilted one. But knitted should be easy enough... Nice idea to put a scale in the photo!

Kirstie, I have a clanger pattern:smile:. I think I now need several more pairs of arms!

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
punkypossum said:
Arch! Please don't forget about the emu challenge!!! :angry:

Urk! Yes, it was in the back of my mind, but it had got a bit hidden behind other stuff! I'll have to start writing things down...

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Hey! Is my Shark off the menu then??? :biggrin::sad:

I was looking foward to that, I even told my Daughter about it and now she keeps asking when it will be coming! (not a good idea, memo to self - never do that again!).

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
As a child my aunt knitted me a Basil Brush ... (stuffed with old tights of course), and I still have it ... although its got a hole in one of his legs.

And Arch I keep thinking of you every time I see the White Stuff winter catelogue... all the sets used in the backgrounds are all knitted ... tables, cups you name it...

Top Bottom