My Name is Arch, and I'm...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Arch said:
Doctor, if you can't find the tee-shirt, I'll ask my mate where he saw it. It was probably at a convention of some sort....

That would be most excellent - thanks very much. I didn't find that one, but I did find a 'What would the Doctor do?' one which I may have to invest in.
I currently have the knitted Dalek as the background on my PC - colleagues have commented on it.
I think they think I'm insane.:8:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
TheDoctor said:
That would be most excellent - thanks very much. I didn't find that one, but I did find a 'What would the Doctor do?' one which I may have to invest in.
I currently have the knitted Dalek as the background on my PC - colleagues have commented on it.
I think they think I'm insane.:8:

Well, I almost hesitate to offer, as I'm already behind, but if you want one for yourself...

I'll ask Si about the tee-shirt....

yoyo

Hi Arch,

I am a regular (termly) visitor to York. Kids have been at various colleges there. I'm afraid I do mean the posh woolshop. Where is Boyes? The only other shops I know are the model shop - for our trains - and my favourite clothes shop. If you ever make the Minster I'd love to buy the pattern as I don't have the brains to do the hard work.

Yoyo

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
yoyo said:
Hi Arch,

I am a regular (termly) visitor to York. Kids have been at various colleges there. I'm afraid I do mean the posh woolshop. Where is Boyes? The only other shops I know are the model shop - for our trains - and my favourite clothes shop. If you ever make the Minster I'd love to buy the pattern as I don't have the brains to do the hard work.

Yoyo

OK, if I ever do the Minster, I'll make a note of what I do - the trouble is when I get ad libbing, I rarely stop to write it down, so recreating anything twice is a gamble! I have vague idea that cable patterns would make good archways and doors and so on.... It may be a project that requires more thought than most...

Boyes is on Goodramgate, just across from the National Trust Shop. It's a general shop selling all sorts of household stuff, but they have a haberdashery, craft and wool section upstairs, with a good selection of needles, and various Double knit, 4-ply, chunky and baby yarn. It's the sort of place you pop in to see what they've got, rather than look for something specific.

Which model shop? If it's the Monk Bar one, that's just around the corner from my flat!

yoyo

Thank you for the directions to Boyes. I understand what you say a about writing down what you do for the Minster. The model shop we frequent is the one in Monk Bar; I also like the ethnic clothes shop on the corner opposite. Won't be there this term as daughter is travelling up on her own - we're not 'helicopter parents!!'

Yoyo

Amanda P

Legendary Member
The fantastic Arch made me and Mrs Uncle Phil a pair of custom tea cosies, just as requested. Here's mine:

BILD0044.jpg

Thanks Arch!

A suitable donation will be on its way to a charidee - do you have a preference, or shall I pick one of my favourites?

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Uncle Phil said:
The fantastic Arch made me and Mrs Uncle Phil a pair of custom tea cosies, just as requested. Here's mine:

BILD0044.jpg

Thanks Arch!

A suitable donation will be on its way to a charidee - do you have a preference, or shall I pick one of my favourites?

Oh, one of your favourites would be fine. I'm so glad it fits! I had to guess, using a mug.

Sometimes, I stop to think about the fact that items knitted by me are adorning the desks or houses of people all over the country, and I realise, I'm totally insane, but in a nice way.;)

And I've just had a request for another Dalek...

Amanda P

Legendary Member
...and here's Mrs Uncle Phil's (she plays the fiddle):
BILD0045.jpg

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Rushed disclaimer: mine just happens to be in my office. Mrs's is still at home as she hasn't been to her office for a while. Hence the backgrounds. Nothing sexist about it.

Honest!

Amanda P

Legendary Member
They keep my tea hot, too.

Is there a Campaign for Real Tea? If there isn't, there should be. Real Tea can't be made without either an Aga or other stove-type thing, or a tea cosy.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Uncle Phil said:
They keep my tea hot, too.

Is there a Campaign for Real Tea? If there isn't, there should be. Real Tea can't be made without either an Aga or other stove-type thing, or a tea cosy.

CamRT. Perhaps we could call it Camrat for ease of pronounciation.

But I don't have an Aga. I feel so shabby and left out...;) I do have a teacosy, a friend crocheted it for me...

Top Bottom