My Nemesis...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
:biggrin:

It was such a lovely day today (and I was still excited at the prospect of eating into Keith's lead) that I tacked on a little extra to the commute (only a small 3 mile loop to Winterley, but still). I'm coming for you, CycleChat leaders, 3 miles at a time...:biggrin:

Whoa i'm 7th :wacko::smile:

Eat my dust FFFF :wacko:;)

Windy

snorri

Legendary Member
Gosh! I hadn't realised there was an element of competition in this "team" business.:wacko:
If it wasn't for people like me some of you guys would be near the bottom of the page.:wacko:

PS I'm sandy on there.;-)

surfgurl

I'm glad I'm keeping up the bottom of Team Cyclechat. This month should see me beat my monthly record. For a full suspension supermarket special with knobbly tyres and a partly offroad route, it's not too bad is it?

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
snorri said:
Gosh! I hadn't realised there was an element of competition in this "team" business.:blush:

:biggrin:

I tend to try and beat the person above me's mileage total - without a club ride, or a regular ride partner, I find it a good way to motivate myself to get out on the bike when I'm wavering slightly over whether to or not :smile:

Of course, it's harder in the Cyclechat team because the gaps are larger, hence more motivational still... I can kid myself that one day I'll catch Yorkshiregoth and Joe :smile:

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
surfgurl said:
I'm glad I'm keeping up the bottom of Team Cyclechat. This month should see me beat my monthly record. For a full suspension supermarket special with knobbly tyres and a partly offroad route, it's not too bad is it?

I seriously caught the cycling bug bouncing around Normandy on one of those (the Gite owner is in France, home of Decathlon the cheap bike mecca, yet he imports an Apollo for guests to borrow, I ask you). To extend the City Cycling motto a bit, it doesn't matter what you ride, or how far, so long as you do...

(And it's going to be all the more satisfying for you as you start climbing the rankings :blush:)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
John the Monkey said:
:blush:

It was such a lovely day today ...that I tacked on a little extra to the commute
Me too! I can only commute 1 day a week at the mo (other committments), and I really enjoy it... 17 miles, mostly along country lanes... so I tacked 10 miles or so onto it yeaterday... really good! :biggrin:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Well, I've signed up as well...
Only commuting miles at the moment but am getting back into the swing of things now.
Yesterday I even overtook someone on my commute ;)
He was on a 3 speed post-war roadster.

Top Bottom