My new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Hello, heres a few pictures of my new bike. Still waiting for the mud guards to come, but i took it for a spin anyway and its very fast.
Its a Giant SCR4
joejoe11

joejoe11

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Very nice, I like the colour scheme.
Good to hear it seems very fast, get out there and give it hell!

OP
OP
J

Joe24

bonj said:
put clipless pedals on it.

Thats my plan to do when i have more money. I kept havng to look down the get my left foot in, and found i was moving over slightly.

I thought the colours worked well together aswell.

Dont know what to call her though. Any ideas?

It looks a bit big for you Joe24, the saddle is quite low for a compact frame and its pushed forward on the rails. I suspect you need a shorter stem to make it fit you correctly. Was it purchased with the idea that you would 'grow into it'?

OP
OP
J

Joe24

mickle said:
It looks a bit big for you Joe24, the saddle is quite low for a compact frame and its pushed forward on the rails. I suspect you need a shorter stem to make it fit you correctly. Was it purchased with the idea that you would 'grow into it'?

I'm right in the middle of the S and M, closer to the M. The saddle has gone up a tad more because it was abit too low. I have thought about getting a smaller stem, when i take the bike in again after xmas i am going to see if they could put a shorted stem on it and see how it is then.
There was the idea i might grow into it, but if i didnt then just a shorter stem.
The bike shop couldnt set the saddle up right because my mum was worried i could touch the floor and that i might fall off. :smile:

I thought about Helger for a name for her. But not too sure.

domtyler

Über Member
How about bonj?
Then you could treat her as your bitch!

To get the saddle the right height, put your cycling shoes on and your leg should be straight with your heel on the pedal axle. Don't go too low as you will shag your knees.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

walker said:
what groupset are you running on that one?

Its got Sora shifters, with 2200 front/rear mechs.

Like the idea Dom :sad:
Not sure i will call her Bonj though.
Helger and Deirdre sounds like bigger women. What would be the name of a lighter, younger more nimbler women?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Joe24 said:
Its got Sora shifters, with 2200 front/rear mechs.

Like the idea Dom ;)
Not sure i will call her Bonj though.
Helger and Deirdre sounds like bigger women. What would be the name of a lighter, younger more nimbler women?

Audrey...as in Hepburn?

Top Bottom