My new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Campanolobike.jpg

I picked this bicycle up yesterday.

It is very light and very fast, it has been put together and used by a guy of similar weight, but a little taller so he adjusted the saddle for me.

It came with flat pedals and a trip computer.

The frame is not Campognolo, it is a Giro D'Italia IIRC (red dash with a flying dove on rear fork), it is the gear set that is Campognolo Centaur with a Daytona front shifter.

I made my fastest ever journey to work from my GF's house today on it at 6 minutes covering about 2 miles. I hit an indicated top speed of 68.72 kph.

I would probably go far as to say that this bike is superior to the Specialized Alez Sport I was originally hoping to get.

I was beaming like the cheshire when I went around to see it, I don't think I've stopped smiling since, I've got my friend into a bike ride this weekend, he has no idea I now have a decent bike.

Muwahahaha.

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
That is bleepin' lovely. If you dont mind, how much did it set you back in the end?

OP
OP
W
Ah, that would be telling .... :whistle: I'll let you know later once the seller and I have agreed on a price, he loaned it to me for a day for a trial use.

Some more pics I've just taken on my phone.

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

OP
OP
W
OK everyone, I had it examined by the bike shop.

The following replacements are required, but are not immediately necessary are:

Chain
Cassette
Lower bracket examination (slight click on left pedal)

In the worse case scenario that the lower bracket needs replacing the total parts would cost £147.50 with an estimated labour of £15 for the chain and cassette and £25 for the lower bracket.

Otherwise the bike is in good condition.

EDIT***

The guy I've bought it off of is going to buy and replace the parts for me as he can get them a lot cheaper. He really is such a nice guy.

He showed me his collection of bike which included an absolute gem of racing bike owned by the son of a very famous racer whose name I can not remember. Some serious kit though.

He's also put on some brand new tires and new inner tubes.

I've been out on it most of the day, I had a bit of an incident with some chavy twit in a Corsa with bright green wheels who immediately after over taking him (3 lane road), decided to re-overtake me and cut in front to stamp on his brakes.

Fortunately I left him behind at the speed camera and got into the bus lane and into town without further incident but he was not a happy bunny being overtaken by a bicycle.... again.

OP
OP
W
Two more pics of the bike, it cost me £400 by the way, here's one of the motor also :biggrin:

024.jpg

025.jpg

020.jpg

I found this little pony in the New Forest:

016.jpg

And it utterly terrified my girlfriend:

015.jpg

3narf

For whom the bell dings
£400? :ohmy:

Don't get much for that, these days...

Top Bottom