my new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
new bike

36" inside leg.What size frame is the bike ? Ihave a 34" inside leg and have always wondered what size frame i would need .I ride a Dawes 64cm.But if i had the money spare would like a real nice road bike.

Mortiroloboy

Buggi, Very nice, post a decent picture though, what is the OE saddle that hurts your Bottie so much? Give it a chance, you'll need a couple of long rides to decide if it really is that unbearable.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
postman said:
36" inside leg.What size frame is the bike ? Ihave a 34" inside leg and have always wondered what size frame i would need .I ride a Dawes 64cm.But if i had the money spare would like a real nice road bike.

it's a 58 frame. you would probably need a 56.

User259iroloboy said:
Buggi, Very nice, post a decent picture though, what is the OE saddle that hurts your Bottie so much? Give it a chance, you'll need a couple of long rides to decide if it really is that unbearable.

no, definitely need a new saddle. same problem as the original one on my other bike which I rode on for about 2 years thinking that everyone's ass hurt that much, because they are men's saddles and I've got girly hips. Got measured and found out i wasn't sitting on my "sit bones" and so they put a wider on and the problem was completely cured. i've measured both this new one and my other one and there is a one inch difference, so i'll nip down the shop for a nice white one i think.

Mortiroloboy

buggi said:
it's a 58 frame. you would probably need a 56.

no, definitely need a new saddle. same problem as the original one on my other bike which I rode on for about 2 years thinking that everyone's ass hurt that much, because they are men's saddles and I've got girly hips. Got measured and found out i wasn't sitting on my "sit bones" and so they put a wider on and the problem was completely cured. i've measured both this new one and my other one and there is a one inch difference, so i'll nip down the shop for a nice white one i think.

:sad:

ChrisKH

Guru
buggi said:
yep, i'm a six footer hun! my team nickname is 3foot coz my inside leg is 36. :sad:

Crikey you must have long legs and a short body. I'm 6' and there's no way my inside leg is 36". But I do have a long body. I'd much prefer it your way round.

goosander

Über Member
What is the accepted normal way of measuring inside leg?

I'm also 6' tall and have always thought of myself as being a bit shorter in the leg than average, but I have always have my saddle adjusted for a little over 36" pedal to saddle, so maybe not.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
goosander said:
What is the accepted normal way of measuring inside leg?

I'm also 6' tall and have always thought of myself as being a bit shorter in the leg than average, but I have always have my saddle adjusted for a little over 36" pedal to saddle, so maybe not.

i believe it is...

for a bike... from crotch to floor
for trousers ... from crotch to just below ankle bone.

Top Bottom