My new machine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks very nice and that's my favourite colour in the Tk. So how far have you ridden it and when does it do it's first commute?

What happened to the mudguards?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Crackle said:
Looks very nice and that's my favourite colour in the Tk. So how far have you ridden it and when does it do it's first commute?

What happened to the mudguards?

Rode it home today, probably about 8 or 9 miles. It will take a while to get used to as it is soooo different to my Ridgeback. I find I'm wobbling more than normal! It's faster though! :biggrin: Depending on the weather it might be used for commuting on Sunday. We'll see...

The mudguards are my fault. I didn't let the shop know I was coming in so he hadn't fitted them. Rather than wait to get them fitted (time was limited), I just brought it home. It'll be on fair weather cycling for a while, so it shouldn't be an issue. I'll get the guards on next time I'm in, or I'll buy some and fit them myself. I've fitted guards to my old bike, so hopefully I would manage.

On the way home today a lorry stopped next to me at the lights. I noticed he was looking at me, strange I thought, when I realised he was looking down at my bike :ohmy:.

PrettyboyTim

Hubba Hubba!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Bah! My main front light bracket doesn't fit my handlebars! (B&M IXON IQ). So no commuting until I get that sorted or it gets lighter! :smile:

Mortiroloboy

How many times...valves at the bottom of the wheel, chain set on the large chainring, and smallest cog, tut, :smile: Nice bike.:ohmy:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

longers said:
Nice bike :ohmy:

What's the problem with the light bracket?

Looking into it, it seems that I need an oversized bracket for my handlebars. They do exist, so I'll be ordering one tonight. It just means I'll need to wait for the next dry day to test the bike out on my commute. Mmm. That might be in May! :smile:

Top Bottom