My new secret vice.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I've recently discovered a new secret vice of drinking a glass of red wine while chewing a clove of garlic in the evenings. It's actually not particularly secret if the reaction at work the next day is anything to go by. I nearly got to feeling guilty about it and then realised that there were bound to be people on here with really guilty vices (and I'm not talking about pathetic stuff like chucking your toe nail clippings behind the couch for hoovering up later in the week).

Well?

OP
OP
Andy in Sig

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
You need help, son!:tongue:

When I cook a roast chicken and baste it half-way through, I have to have a spoonful of the fatty juices. Mr Hamster thinks this is revolting. I know it is a bad habit and I will probably go to hell for it. But unlike Andy people don't shy away from me at work the next day..

If I cook fillet steak, I quite often cut little bits off it and eat them raw while I'm preparing it. Delicious.:wacko:

Abitrary

Andy in Sig said:
I've recently discovered a new secret vice of drinking a glass of red wine while chewing a clove of garlic in the evenings. It's actually not particularly secret if the reaction at work the next day is anything to go by. I nearly got to feeling guilty about it and then realised that there were bound to be people on here with really guilty vices (and I'm not talking about pathetic stuff like chucking your toe nail clippings behind the couch for hoovering up later in the week).

Well?

Mate, I reckon your new secret vice is telling little fibs. I reckon you're on about 3/4 bottle of wine and a whole bulb of garlic..... per hour, per evening!

OP
OP
Andy in Sig

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Cyclista said:
Me too! Dip the bits in slighly melted butter :biggrin: I can't cut a malt loaf without squashing it anyway :smile:

Are you referring to an overwhelming urge, which happily, would fall within the category of vice or just sheer incompetence with a bread knife?

Night Train

Maker of Things
Cyclista said:
Me too! Dip the bits in slighly melted butter :biggrin: I can't cut a malt loaf without squashing it anyway :smile:
I find the same thing. I have a really sharp bread knife and it just sticks to it when I try to cut it.
Hmmm, I wonder if lubricating the knife with butter would help?

Top Bottom