My new secret vice.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Night Train said:
I find the same thing. I have a really sharp bread knife and it just sticks to it when I try to cut it.
Hmmm, I wonder if lubricating the knife with butter would help?

Last Tango in Paris?

Cyclista

Andy in Sig said:
sheer incompetence with a bread knife?

:smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Night Train said:
I find the same thing. I have a really sharp bread knife and it just sticks to it when I try to cut it.
Hmmm, I wonder if lubricating the knife with butter would help?

What about one of those knives designed for cheese, with cutouts in the blade? Or better still, a cheese wire?

Don't like maltloaf myself...

Vices? Hmm, well, I do have a tendency to pick at food while it's cooking yes, I call it 'testing' of course, but last night while getting a corned beef hash together I'd already consumed quite a lot of the corned beef and the accompaying beans before they got to the pan... Anything cut into little cubes or similar, I can't resist...

Keith Oates

Janner
Andy in Sig said:
I've recently discovered a new secret vice of drinking a glass of red wine while chewing a clove of garlic in the evenings. It's actually not particularly secret if the reaction at work the next day is anything to go by. I nearly got to feeling guilty about it and then realised that there were bound to be people on here with really guilty vices (and I'm not talking about pathetic stuff like chucking your toe nail clippings behind the couch for hoovering up later in the week).

Well?

Be honest Andy, you're just trying to get your own private office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bonj2

Intelligenthamster said:
When I cook a roast chicken and baste it half-way through, I have to have a spoonful of the fatty juices. Mr Hamster thinks this is revolting. I know it is a bad habit and I will probably go to hell for it. But unlike Andy people don't shy away from me at work the next day..

it makes a kind of greasy 'chicken marmite' type substance which is really really nice! :becool:

Top Bottom