My New Specialized Allez Comp.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boon 51

Veteran
Here's a photo of my new bike, after much deliberating I chose the Specialized Allez Comp.. and its awsome.

1zoyy41.jpg

I did put my own Fisik Arizone saddle on and a slightly bigger 32 cassette and of course my own pedals.

Cheers

Kies

Lovely!

105 or Tiagra?

So was the cassette an 11-28 as standard? Presume the chainwheel set up is a compact 50-34? it looks like a good bike. Thinking about it you must have some big hills in your manor to warrant the 32 sprocket to create a ratio of 1.06 Have you had any problem with using the combination of the 34 chainwheel and the 32 cassette sprocket? Did you have you put a longer chain on?
I like the saddle too as the fizik range suits me too.
Oh by the way whats the all up weight of the bike please.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
So was the cassette an 11-28 as standard? Presume the chainwheel set up is a compact 50-34? it looks like a good bike. Thinking about it you must have some big hills in your manor to warrant the 32 sprocket to create a ratio of 1.06 Have you had any problem with using the combination of the 34 chainwheel and the 32 cassette sprocket? Did you have you put a longer chain on?
I like the saddle too as the fizik range suits me too.
Oh by the way whats the all up weight of the bike please.

The 11-28 was OE but as I live on a mountain and the norm hill is a Cat 4 or Cat 3 .. I needed a bit of help. It has the 50-34 compact as you said but I did put a longer chain on which is the best thing to do, I only have tyre noise is runs so smooth.
According to bike shop its an endurance based bike which suits me just great..
I like the Fisik range too, I have a Gobi on my Specialized Crosstrail :thumbsup: and the Arizone on this one.

Getting the weight was a bit hard has no one had any idea. ( I am in Spain I must add) the best they come up with was 8.5 kg so I had to take there word on it? sounds about right I think.

PS I did change the tyres on it this morning to some Gatorskins and its a lot better ride.
Cheers

Last edited:
Top Bottom