My New Toy Mio Cyclo 305 GPS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

migrantwing

Veteran
How does the Mio Cyclo 305 compare to the Bryton Rider 50? Would be nice to have cadence and HR, but not essential. I'd go Garmin, but just can't justify paying that amount of money.

bpsmith

Veteran
Halfords no longer have stock.

phobic_sting

Yep. I checked this afternoon.
I swear I got one of the last ones the other week. Very shortly after I reserved it, the site said no longer available. A lot of money in the grand scheme of things but I suppose it was a 'bargain' compared to some of the prices for these features out there. Only one problem so far, the speed sensor seems to register about 2-3mph faster than the GPS speed. I got really excited for a few seconds when I glanced down and seen 25mph for a relatively modest effort! The manual says that it detects wheel size automatically and there are no menu options to manually enter it. Anyone else had this experience? I've got the latest firmware etc.

migrantwing

Veteran
I swear I got one of the last ones the other week. Very shortly after I reserved it, the site said no longer available. A lot of money in the grand scheme of things but I suppose it was a 'bargain' compared to some of the prices for these features out there. Only one problem so far, the speed sensor seems to register about 2-3mph faster than the GPS speed. I got really excited for a few seconds when I glanced down and seen 25mph for a relatively modest effort! The manual says that it detects wheel size automatically and there are no menu options to manually enter it. Anyone else had this experience? I've got the latest firmware etc.

The missus' car does the same when she has the satnav on. The digital speedo is always a few mph less than the satnav speed.

All in all, are you happy with the Mio? Still holding off on pulling the trigger on one.

OP
OP
jasonmccullum

jasonmccullum

Über Member
ive done around 300km with my MIO and it has given my cycling a whole new lease of life

i have travelled down little country lanes i didnt even know excisted

in all i love it and worth every penny i paid for it

migrantwing

Veteran
ive done around 300km with my MIO and it has given my cycling a whole new lease of life

i have travelled down little country lanes i didnt even know excisted

in all i love it and worth every penny i paid for it

Gonna pull the trigger one one, mate. Thanks for the pics and your posts regards the Mio :thumbsup:

migrantwing

Veteran
So, you'd recommend the Mio then?

OP
OP
jasonmccullum

jasonmccullum

Über Member
i do personally since i got the unit it has made long distance riding easier as i just follow the gps. plus with the surprise me function i never ride the same route more than once. My distance has now increase to 70km from 40 in a month

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
i do personally since i got the unit it has made long distance riding easier as i just follow the gps. plus with the surprise me function i never ride the same route more than once. My distance has now increase to 70km from 40 in a month
I've got a "Surprise Me" function, otherwise known as a lousy sense of direction combined with poor local knowledge. I quite often end up doing 70km when I intended 40 too :sad:

Downward

Guru
The Navigation is a bit strange. It managed to send me on a 10 mile journey home instead of the shortest 8 mile route.
There is an update due this month apparently too. I'm hoping this one works as the last update borked my unit

I've been using mine happily for over a month. Surprise Me is a great feature, although a little annoying when it decides to boost the miles by swerving you around housing estates in town as on my recent Tour De Crawley.

I'm in the market for an out front mount for mine though. Any ideas?

OP
OP
jasonmccullum

jasonmccullum

Über Member
there are 2 options either you can make your own or i got a mountain bike one which is a little heavy but works.

currently i am looking at getting a garmin bar fly and seeing if it can be adapted

Top Bottom