My new TT machine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
So im hoping this will take some time off my TT times;)
A big thank you to NickM for this:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Image056-2.jpg

Image057-1.jpg

Image058-1.jpg

Image059-1.jpg

I just need to mess about with the position now. Ive lowered the saddle, and i think im going to need to flip the stem so i can still be low, im already pretty low already but ill be that bit lower with the stem flipped.
Im testing it out on tuesday in the evening 10, and ill see how i go, and if i need a shorter stem and the bars lower i will give that a go for the week after:becool:
It makes that wooshing noise:biggrin::biggrin::becool:

A proper old school fixed TT, looks great, I'd love to get my hands on one that looks that nice :evil: maybe a winter project.

Hope flipping the stem helps, but don't go too low and lose power, and all the best for Tues

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Madcyclist said:
Very smart, will need to do a sub 22 to do it justice !!!!

I can hope, im aiming for a mid 24 on the evening 10 course.
Its 84" i think, from what Nick said. I cant remember what the gear is, 40/13 maybe?:evil:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Thanks;):evil:
I now have alot more fixed bikes then geared ones:thumbsup:
I only have 2 geared ones, but now 4 fixed ones:becool::ohmy:(but only two good fixed wheel bikes, the other two arent the best)

Nice bike Joe - I'm a bit jealous, but I'd never do it justice!:ohmy:

Joe24 said:
I now have alot more fixed bikes then geared ones:thumbsup:
I only have 2 geared ones, but now 4 fixed ones:becool::tongue:(but only two good fixed wheel bikes, the other two arent the best)

Start sharing the fixed stuff around then..........:wacko::biggrin:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

stoatsngroats said:
Nice bike Joe - I'm a bit jealous, but I'd never do it justice!:tongue:

Start sharing the fixed stuff around then..........:ohmy::biggrin:

Ive got a set of pedals that i got from the wrecked frame. Thats about it, oh and a chain, but thats been sat in the shed for too long.
If you want some chain for a 1/8th chainwhip or something though........
All the other fixed stuff has been put onto bikes, sorry

Joe24 said:
Ive got a set of pedals that i got from the wrecked frame. Thats about it, oh and a chain, but thats been sat in the shed for too long.
If you want some chain for a 1/8th chainwhip or something though........
All the other fixed stuff has been put onto bikes, sorry

Ok mate - just messin' :ohmy::biggrin: :tongue:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

stoatsngroats said:
Ok mate - just messin' :ohmy::biggrin: :tongue:

So are you going to make a fixed TT bike now?
For the back wheel just put a load of gaffa tape or card on. For the front wheel just put card on and gaffa tape/cable tie that on.
You will have aero wheels and look amazing:becool:

Joe24 said:
For the back wheel just put a load of gaffa tape or card on. For the front wheel just put card on and gaffa tape/cable tie that on.

You mean I need to put the cardboard OVER the spokes.........I was just cutting up the plasma screen box into a circle, (using a wheel as a template - I'm not COMPLETELY stupid;)) ........then I was gonna paint it black and white, and run a garden hose round the edge as a tyre............will this not work...:tongue:

Tel

Veteran
Joe24 said:

That reminds me of those plastic covers that were in vogue with the cheapo mountain bikes at one time

OP
OP
J

Joe24

I think some people that play bike polo have made them out of perspex aswell.

Just cut up that cardboard box, put the hose around it then take it down to the start of the local club TT.
Try and get a time to be rigged up and watch the peoples faces as you tell them your time on your cardboard and hosepipe wheels;):ohmy::tongue:

Joe24 said:
I think some people that play bike polo have made them out of perspex aswell.

Just cut up that cardboard box, put the hose around it then take it down to the start of the local club TT.
Try and get a time to be rigged up and watch the peoples faces as you tell them your time on your cardboard and hosepipe wheels;):ohmy::tongue:

:wacko::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom