My new TT machine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
wow nice bike!! How do you get all these freebies?!
Just won a bike on ebay for £20 - fixed potential, but I am aware if I use this then I will instantly loose on the cheap challenge - so another visit to the skip is in order sometime soon ;)

Will1985

Über Member
Tel said:
That reminds me of those plastic covers that were in vogue with the cheapo mountain bikes at one time
Don't knock them - they are still very popular on the TT scene. I have one from wheelbuilder.com on my powertap wheel.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Does anyone know where i can get the covers for the valve hole in a disc wheel from?
Nick said you can get covers that go on, but arent sticky, which cover up the hole in the disc wheel where the valve is.
Ive had a quick look about on the internet but cant see them, i might go up to the bike shop to see if he has any in:wacko:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

I went out on it today:eek:
My god its fast, i had my speedo on and set it up right(i think, theres nothing saying it isnt right) and i was powering along. It accelerates pretty fast, makes the wooshing noise(could only hear it a few times) and it whistles abit aswell:thumbsup:
Ive kept it quiet and only told 2 people in the club about it.
Be good to see their faces when i turn up on it tomorrow:becool:
Im picking up a skin suit tomorrow aswell:becool:;):becool:

montage

God Almighty
when you say picking a skin suit up....free?....again?...more freebies? damn you!

Flip that stem though - just for looks if anything else :wub:
Loving the solid wheel

OP
OP
J

Joe24

montage said:
when you say picking a skin suit up....free?....again?...more freebies? damn you!

Flip that stem though - just for looks if anything else :wub:
Loving the solid wheel

Yep, free. Its someone in the clubs son(who used to be in the club) that has been in lots of teams(now in Ploughman Craven) and has lots of kit that hes got over the years. Theres alot of unused kit there aswell!!!

The stem will probably be flipped, i might put the other stem i have on aswell. Im going to do the TT on it tomorrow like that, then ill flip it and do the TT the week after with it flipped and see how it goes.
The solid wheel is amazing, i got waved at and weird looks from people walking as i powered past on it:becool:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
MajorMantra said:
That's kind of cool in an ugly sort of a way. :wub:

Matthew

I like it too!

OP
OP
J

Joe24

The one thing that worries me slightly, is how the pedals arent that far from the ground, but i dont think it should be too much of a problem, ill just have to experiment.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

User3143 said:
Aye,a bit dodgy when cornering especially if your arms are on the tri-bars.

Ill be off the tri-bars on the round abouts, someone last week tried to go around them on her tri bars and ended up over running onto the grass, but she didnt fall over.
It should be fine on them though, they are nice wide round abouts.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Here we go then, i flipped the stem. I got the bike out today and looked at it with he drop from the bars and decided to just flip it.
Image062-1.jpg

Image065-1.jpg

My mum actually doesnt mind it coming in the house when i do some stuff on it!! Or at least she says she doesnt:wacko:
There may be some more carbon fibre bits coming on the bike soon, custom ones aswell maybe:becool:(if we can work out how to do them)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Post your times up when done, and yeh don't go round sharp bends on the tri bars....

I used to borrow the club's disc some times - mak a great noice, although my HED Jets are pretty noisy..

PS nice bike.

Top Bottom