My nuts .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaijintendo

Veteran
I hate it when you don't watch QI one week, and everyone else in the office starts saying "peanuts aren't nuts, they're legumes!" as if that is somehow helpful or insightful.

So, um, yeah, three nice nuts and a bag of legumes...

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm allergic to tree nuts, but because peanuts are indeed legumes and have a different protein molecule I can munch them quite happily.

I keep an eye on ingredients, but sometimes it can be very difficult. I've found soft drinks with 'may contain traces of nuts' warnings, which isn't very helpful.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Cashew nuts induce vomiting for me.
Most other nuts just make my mouth 'tingle' if I eat them, hence, I avoid eating nuts.

MikeG

Guru
When I lived in Australia as a child, we had a massive almond tree in the garden. Mum used to collect the almonds by the washing basket-full. Evenings were spent with nut crackers in hand over a waste bucket. Mountains of almonds became pounds and pounds of proper home-made marzipan, amongst much other gorgeousness, and I am still addicted to marzipan to this day, fifty years later. Don't offer me that artificial gunk from a shop, though, when a packet of almonds, an egg and some sugar produces a little taste of heaven so easily.

Anyway, isn't this thread about testicles?

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Macadamia. Not often I can afford such luxury.

david k

Hi
I love nuts
Would eat many when having a drink, if I had too much it would upset my stomach
Since realised they are very calorie dense, probably why drinking and eating nuts gave me a beer belly!
Don't eat them any more

Slick

Guru
Well it couldn't be the beer, so must have been the nuts, so I've cut those out and kept the beer :smile:
I remember my fil complaining bitterly about how sore the coke was on his stomach after a good night on the bacardi, I think he even believed it. :laugh:

I'm not a big eater of nuts, but I do like them. Marzipan and peanut butter do go down well though.

Good tip for the future - buy the decent nut selections in the clearance after Christmas. They usually have a pretty long date on them, and if kept in a cool dark place, preferably in an airtight container, will keep well beyond the BBE date.

Also, Lidl are very reasonable on their nuts - worth a look if there's one near you. They sell some loose as well - almonds, cashews & pistachios iirc

Top Bottom