My old banger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albal

Guru
NTL001.jpg

My bike which i paid a tenner for in 1997 from my step-brother, dont know how long he had it.
Raleigh Mirage - It 's had a few quid spent on it (tho it dont show)lol, on essentials like chain,crankset,pedals,seat,cables,brake blocks,tryes & such like.
I love the bike it has character + it rarely gets a glance , thus providing me with a reliable safe ride.

Excellent, it’s nice to have a good bike but the fact you’re too scared to leave it anywhere renders it useless for general transport. I to have a hack/banger bike as pictured below made really of mostly recycles bike bits put together to make one, luv the thing. I apply the same logic to my car although that’s really as I hate the thing!
The bike looks nicer in the pics than it does in reality ? It also has a front mudguard now which does not match the rear and the rear has been extended with a plastic milk bottle, It also has a winters worth of muck on it. I'll try and get a more recent pic tomorrow.
HAWKHACK.jpg

OP
OP
albal

albal

Guru
I like your bike badg, believe me i'm far from scared to leave my bike anyplace, it just helps the fact i can park it anywhere & not have to worry about it.
Having said that I would be pi$$d off were it to vanish!!! My brother has had at least half a dozen stolen since i owned mine.(never!!!) yes thats true.... I'll post pics of my (old) Giant soon, which i had to sell on.

A more recent pic although I have still not fitted a mudguard extension to the rear guard or mud flap to the front guard (from plastic milk bottles).
If this bicycle was a woman I think it would resemble a gorilla! The camera still makes it look better than it really is ,even I look quite normal !

100_1934.jpg

OP
OP
albal

albal

Guru
my old giant OCR; Couldnt get on with it so got rid.:biggrin:
bikes.jpg

OP
OP
albal

albal

Guru
Yeah when i say 'old' i meant previously owned. It was quite new when i bought it (4 mths old i think), just didnt feel right , you know the feeling??

Top Bottom