My old raleigh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
81i5set.jpg

This is the last time I try to post a picture here.If this doesn't work.
My old Raleigh on the Swansea Marina.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Nice looking bike velocipede!!!!!

Have you had it since new?

Rick

OP
OP
velocipede2288

velocipede2288

Yes Rick

HI Rick.
Yes as far as I can remember, it has been some years back. It is a bit knocked about now, but may stop thieves taking it :-)
It is a nice ride though. Had some wobble in it lately, checked the wheels and they seem tobe true, so have no idea what casued that, must give it a try tomorrow again if the rain keeps off for an hour of two.
Was it you that put the link to the Raleighs on here? I forget, but thanks .

OP
OP
velocipede2288

velocipede2288

There seems to be a trick to this getting the phote right, I have managed it once, but going to Tiny Pics and uploading, coppying and pasting, doesn't seem to be doing the trick. What am I doing wrong?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's about the 1986-88 era - guessing as I had a Road Ace and the logo's and detailing is about the same... nice machine - mine bit the dust on a 531c frame many years ago - a few to many crashes etc..... loved it, and the cranks, seat post and brake calipers still live on - see my Ribble 653 on the gallery !

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Velo 2288 if you look on your original post the pic is now there. where I was going wrong was copying the http address but flickr has a link underneath the picture you copy and paste ! dunno if tiny is the same.

OP
OP
velocipede2288

velocipede2288

Thanks Elmar

Thanks Elmar, but there is still two pictures there, and I don't know what you did really.
I have gone to Tiny Pics and uploaded a picture, chosen the url for forums, coppied and pasted it into the little yellow box at the top of the creen, It has with what looks like a mountain in it.
It seemed to work for one picture, but not the other???

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
velocipede2288 said:
Thanks Elmar, but there is still two pictures there, and I don't know what you did really.
I have gone to Tiny Pics and uploaded a picture, chosen the URL for forums, coppied and pasted it into the little yellow box at the top of the creen, It has with what looks like a mountain in it.***
It seemed to work for one picture, but not the other???
I can't (or don't know how) change the pictures in your original thread, all I can do is quote you and edit your quote.

The only thing I can suggest is press edit on your original post and copy and paste it to word and print it off.
Then hit quote on my post with your two pictures in and copy and paste that to word and print that off. You can then compare the differences between the two.

*** That little link box always comes up with http//: which more than likely already in your URL link so the first thing you need to do is delete that before pasting your link.

Hope that helps you ( It's as clear as mud to me !! :smile:)

Top Bottom