My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Motobecane

Guru
Another food picture...

Pigging out on my special home made fruit compote tonight. Spent 2 hours yesterday slaving over a hot stove making it, then let it chill in the fridge for 24 hours to allow it to cool down, the liquid to infuse into the fruit and gel, served with an unhealthy dollop of full fat Greek style yoghurt... Mmmmm

View attachment 340199

Is Greek yoghurt unhealthy? :eek::excl:

Motobecane

Guru
Another food picture...

Pigging out on my special home made fruit compote tonight. Spent 2 hours yesterday slaving over a hot stove making it, then let it chill in the fridge for 24 hours to allow it to cool down, the liquid to infuse into the fruit and gel, served with an unhealthy dollop of full fat Greek style yoghurt... Mmmmm

View attachment 340199

It looks delicious. What is the fruit in the compote?

Out for a run earlier, & re-found the spring that allows iron-oxides to leach out of old workings

PMG_1241.JPG

There's a transport café on the A1
Yes, there's still some left!!!
It has 3 BMXs hanging on the walls, the white one is so unused, it still has the moulding marks on the tyres!!

13407064_10208440295357218_1979188156710688666_n.jpg 13413555_10208440312757653_9095527337021027804_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/busybeesdiner/
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowU..._Diner-Darrington_West_Yorkshire_England.html

What the exterior looks like now, it's an ex gate-house/lodge to Stapleton Park
(roughly 1 mile south of the Darrington exit)
Darrington. Stapleton Park Lodge. 4.JPG

It was the 'Way West' café (seen here, from the south, showing the 'posh' façade, that was on the carriage-drive)
http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4293903

View attachment 339748 Really windy in North Yorkshire Today and high water on the Wharfe in Rhyther. 34 miles of hard graft.
Not the best area, when it's windy
And, at least above water

Last edited:

Motobecane

Guru
Waiting for a "Birdie"
:laugh:

Motobecane

Guru
Another recipe from me..well from SWMBO if the truth be told

Super Food Energy Bars with Cacao

View attachment 340337

Spent a bloomin fortune today in the local health shop buying the ingredients for this but it tastes delicious and there's enough ingredients to make lots more

Recipe available here

I really, really don't want to say this because I can believe the bars are delicious - but when I saw the image it reminded me of Hastings beach... that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Mrs M

Guru
IMG_0951.JPG
IMG_0950.JPG
IMG_0949.JPG
Filet steak with mushroom sauce tonight, experiment! (Mushrooms = xx( unless disguised in a sauce)
Trying to recreate a lovely dish perfected by Patricio and his staff at Onda Luz Restaurant in Praia da Luz, Algarve.
Mr M gave my efforts 8 out of 10 (no bad) :ohmy:
Pics are:- Onda Luz ladies, Patricio (Frank Sinatra lookalike) and my effort.

Last edited:
Top Bottom