My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In a dealer to the north-side of Wakefield
DSCF2941[1].JPG

32842987994_f07b998e13_c.jpg

After 22 years of on the road sales, miles and miles of motorways and far too many nights away in boring travel hotels, with the last 5 or 6 years of my sales career trying harder and harder to win appointments to sell average products to people who are in no mood or have no real need to change supplier, chasing targets, trying to keep the bosses off my back and spending many unhappy hours reporting just to justify my monthly salary. It's now time for a change
After last weeks "redundancy" it's given me the kick in the arse to realise that I need a change, yes I'll be on less money and maybe have to work some weekends but I want to be able to cycle commute, have a stress and pressure free life and start all over again.
I've an interview/chat next Monday where the 2nd in command says after he spoke to his boss "it's as good as your's"
I'm not building my hopes up about it but I have my fingers crossed
A months gardening leave and bike riding awaits.
Sorry... ramble now over

Last edited:

ChrisEyles

Guru
Out for a cracking ride on Dartmoor today. The pictured track is my favourite bit of natural singletrack in Devon, on the way down from Princetown to Burrator (perspective is always tricky in photos, in reality it's a lot more downhill than it looks here!). Lovely day to be out on the moor.

20170327_111933.jpg

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
I guessed wrong - trying to avoid a long slog into a headind I headed up to Watchet & came back via Dunster and the Exe Valley - the first 25 miles were a slog into a block headwind, then north of Wiveliscombe it all went misty, grey and cold. It didn't inspire me to snap much, just one 'for the record' near Bridgetown in Somerset... with a bridge...

wp-1490645121621.jpg

ChrisEyles

Guru
I guessed wrong - trying to avoid a long slog into a headind I headed up to Watchet & came back via Dunster and the Exe Valley - the first 25 miles were a slog into a block headwind, then north of Wiveliscombe it all went misty, grey and cold. It didn't inspire me to snap much, just one 'for the record' near Bridgetown in Somerset... with a bridge...

View attachment 344415

The north easterly wind caught me out too. I'm used to the prevailing SW wind giving me a hand up the long slog onto the top of the moor, and then a little wind-braking doesn't hurt on the way down the descent. This time the climb was properly difficult (the only time yet I've wished for a lower gear on the 1x8 gearing I'm running on this bike), and the downhill was a bit scarily fast at times!

rualexander

Legendary Member
Frog or Toad?

Common Toad seems like the answer.

Top Bottom