My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
It's too small, though: do you have a larger version of that photo to post?
Any good?

https://unanglaisendiois.files.wordpress.com/2017/08/img_20170829_120517197_hdrblog.jpg

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
(sigh) One day... :smile: In late June / early July, I spent 2 weeks visiting every col my legs could manage:
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/2017-italy-and-france-alps-and-pyrénées-cycling-trip.220988/
Feel free to read it if you have the time (warning: it's an 18-post trip report, so takes a while to read).
I'd love to visit the Parc naturel régional du Vercors one day.
Let me know if you do - I'd happily share a ride or two if I'm there.

Thanks for the link... I've got nearly three hours on the train to Paris today...

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
(sigh) One day... :smile: In late June / early July, I spent 2 weeks visiting every col my legs could manage:
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/2017-italy-and-france-alps-and-pyrénées-cycling-trip.220988/
Feel free to read it if you have the time (warning: it's an 18-post trip report, so takes a while to read).
I'd love to visit the Parc naturel régional du Vercors one day.
Thanks for the read - you've done all the famous climbs I haven't! As much as anything I do my blog as an aide memoire, so I can re-enjoy my days on the bike. Also, given that now I'm (mostly) re-riding roads I've ridden before, the focus of my blog on photos gives me a good incentive to keep my eyes open for stuff or angles I've not seen before.

Incidentally, if you do do Vercors, I'd not base a whole stay on it: the weather up there can stay miserable for several days, even in the summer - my base to the south of the plateau gives me the option of going to Vercors on fine, hot days, but heading elsewhere on dodgier days. Also there are great, but somewhat limited choices of alternative routes... but must-see places are Col de la Bataille, Combe Laval, Gorges de la Bourne, the road up to Presles from there, and the Canyon des Ecouges. I've not done the Gorges du Nan yet, as it's too far for a day's ride from Die, but I gather that's good. My only regret is not passing my bike over the gate and riding down the out-of-bounds Grand Goulets balcony road: I walked it, my friend cycled, before we were told off by someone in a maintenance vehicle.

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
OK. Not one of my photos but definitely the best I've seen today. Conor Dunne and Esteban Chaves:

iu-12.jpeg

OK. Not one of my photos but definitely the best I've seen today. Conor Dunne and Esteban Chaves:

View attachment 370886
Conor was a junior in my road Club ( Glendene) I found it a complete waste of time trying to draft him as I am the hieght of Chaves, the draft effect from just his bike was negligible, his arse and rest of his body was above my head. He is a really nice bloke by the way.

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
Conor was a junior in my road Club ( Glendene) I found it a complete waste of time trying to draft him as I am the hieght of Chaves, the draft effect from just his bike was negligible, his arse and rest of his body was above my head. He is a really nice bloke by the way.

I was thinking that it's a rare sport that can accommodate two such widely divergent athletes.

Top Bottom