My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tizme

Veteran
DSCI0011.JPG

By Nunney Castle, near Frome. Nothing like stating the obvious:rolleyes:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
http://www.frickley4x4.co.uk/

I used to go to Tong (between Leeds & Bradford) with my 110
That had some big holes & deep water
Heck, Dave (the site owner) used to swim a Stalwart in one of the ponds!!
I went to Tong many times over the years in various vehicles, even took the MTB once but that wasn't very successful :rolleyes:. Tong was great and I did have the pleasure of being driven through the site in the Stalwart once. It was a shock and a shame about Becky! :sad:
I think I went to Frickley once but remember it being pretty boring on the whole with miles of slippy slag between a few stupid or damaging sections which just seemed to attract the rev it & wreck it brigade! Most 4x4 sites are not great for cycling around.

I went to Tong many times over the years in various vehicles, even took the MTB once but that wasn't very successful :rolleyes:. Tong was great and I did have the pleasure of being driven through the site in the Stalwart once. It was a shock and a shame about Becky! :sad:
I think I went to Frickley once but remember it being pretty boring on the whole with miles of slippy slag between a few stupid or damaging sections which just seemed to attract the rev it & wreck it brigade! Most 4x4 sites are not great for cycling around.

Becky?
Daves daughter. or wife
Why. what happened

Brian Hartley, a journalist, who lived in Mirfield, with a couple of the 4x4/Land Rover magazines used to have a Leyland Martian. but swapped/px-d it for a Stolly, so he also kept his there

I've MTB raced at Tong, in the early 90's. it was a dust-bowl in the dry, & the stickiest/most glutinous of places when wet
Pics on my FaceBook pages, 'public access'

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
One from our club New Year 10-mile time trial this morning. The winner was...

dsc05992-copy.jpg

Top Bottom