My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srj10

Guru

Loch Eck

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
There are times during my day, week, month, year, whatever, when I say to myself....I think I live on the wrong continent.
This is one of the times. Thanks for sharing a beautiful photo.:notworthy:

Thanks 👍..... The Ceredigion is a fantastic coastline with lots of stunning views & beautiful beaches.

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
A recent storm dropped a tree which blocked my ride path this morning.

9DAB9698-913E-48F2-9347-74442E7B18DC.jpeg

of course there was another way for me to get around. Then I saw Bambi on the way home.

44FF3208-5150-42FD-BE2C-D17B491CA6DB.jpeg

JVRider

Long ride last night, not necessarily distance (only 35 miles), but time. I had been reading one of the other threads on "daily rides" and it seemed like a lot of people were getting flat tires. Now I haven't had a flat for months. So last night I set out on the road bike, decided to ride some gravel that I had usually only ridden with a mountain bike. And its beautiful and some of the colors are starting to turn (probably due to stress more than temperatures). Temps in the mid-upper 90s. Looks like this when I started:

1627493961353.png

So what happens to me when I get approximately 16.2 miles from home? Yes. You guessed correctly. Flat tire. No thorns, stickers, tire is fine, it looks like a valve failure. Thankfully I always carry spare tubes with me and a patch kit. So the area is very remote, 5 miles from civilization lots of bugs, snakes, and I get to change a flat tire. Never replaced a tube so quickly in my life. Probably took all of 3 minutes. Was bicycling back on pins and needles (in other words, super cautiously avoiding rocks, pebbles) hoping not to get another flat. By the time I started to get home it looked like this..

1627494194539.png

So that will be the LAST TIME I read the other thread where everyone talks about how many flat tires they've had. Now off to the local LBS to pick up TWO spare tubes and another patch kit. And maybe some bug spray.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
An unexpected delight from yesterday's ride... I decided to do an extension to my route to take in a road I'd never ridden before, and, lo and behold, when I started to climb, there was a sign for a col I didn't know existed... each time I think there are no surprises left for me here (I guess I've covered about 25k miles in eight years), something crops up. A pity it doesn't quite creep over the 1000m mark ('ve got about 20 or so of those in the area), but this was a great one anyway, and will be visited again, for sure, now I know it's there.

P1020735.jpg

Top Bottom