My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JVRider

Long time bicyclist (35 years), first time poster. I have really been enjoying your forum. Thanks for letting me join. I love seeing photographs of where people bicycle, so this thread is probably where I will do most of my reading. Live and reside in Wichita, Kansas in US. Love taking photos of our rides locally though few will compare to what I have seen on this forum. Been on the same bike for almost 30 years...Trek 1200 Alpha series road bike. Have almost 60k miles on it (some lean years while my children were growing up). Looking forward to more photos from everyone's rides. :-)

A selfie (so to speak)
1626803805945.png

A photo from a ride December 2020.
1626803770950.png

Looking forward to more photos from everyone's rides. :-)

There is a specific "your ride today" thread with some lovely pictures but it's hidden in the "general chat" part of the forum.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
My first Col de Rousset since last August. It's a hill I know like the back of my hand (I wish I'd kept count, but I've been up/down it between 50 & 100 times I think). It's a beaut.

Today has special significance for Vercors too: 21 July 1944 was when the Nazis launched a terrible retribution aid against the Maquis, razing whole villages and killing their populations, from babies up to 90-year-olds. It's both a stunningly beautiful place, but one in which you can't & shouldn't forget its history. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vercors

It was a good day to visit a few of the villages that bore the brunt.

cdr.jpg

Top Bottom