My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rualexander

Legendary Member
Cairngorms in the evening on the Balmoral Estate a couple of weeks ago.

1020679-02-01.jpeg

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Now That's What I Call A Sunset 62... I happened to look out of my window at just the right moment... saw what was happening, grabbed my camera, and ran to the quay. A high tide was right on time...

dsc05659.jpg

This is my pic of the day. We went to visit my daughter in small desert town. Lovely view. My mother was sitting by the window with a lovely view of the mountains. I tried to get a silhouette picture but I could not get the right setting to pic of the mountains outside the window as then she would be way too dark. I didn't want to set the camera to pic up the mountains and use a flash as she would be way too light for what I wanted.

Heck with it! I took her pic low light then ran outside and shot a pic of the mountains.

Then took the images home to my comp. Opened up GIMP (free online photoshop type program, I love it!)

I took the original image with the washed out windows and turned it to a PNG file and erased the sections inside the window frames, time consuming.

I then opened the mountain pic as a jpeg. Placed the cut out window png file over the jpeg and merged the images. Like placing a sheet of paper with cutouts over another sheet to see thru the cutouts of the top sheet.

Cool stuff! So I made the image I wanted ha ha! Cheating but hey, it was fun!

Original image

000mom3.JPG

erased the inside of the window frames. Windows are black in the edit program like cut outs.

000mom5.png

Then I placed the cutout image over the mountain pic

000mom4.JPG

Then merged the images together after placing the images in correct positons.

This is the result.

000mom2A.JPG

Attachments

• 000mom3.JPG
    000mom3.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 12
D

Deleted member 26715

Taken by my son in law,

f86076f4-c5e3-4b84-9c7f-dc0f7734e87b.jpeg

Good Gimping. My fave photo/image app.

Thanks! I have Lightroom that I paid for as a standalone program (no ongoing payments for me online).

Then I got GIMP free online. Most use Lightroom and Photoshop together, compliment one another. But I hear GIMP is just as good from others. Heck, too much for me to handle so more than good enough. But for free? I'll take it. Save me a few bucks not having to buy Photoshop.

Top Bottom