My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

They asked me once if I might take pics of one of their games.
Is Baseball any less confusing than Basketball, went to see a pro match in Orlando I think we just about understood it when it finished

Salar

A fish out of water
Camera on phone, Galaxy S9 I think but might be wrong

Interesting, I would have been convinced that looking at the colours etc it was from a film camera.

D

Deleted member 26715

Interesting, I would have been convinced that looking at the colours etc it was from a film camera.
He just happened to catch the moment, as far as I know there were no filters on, just a click & shoot.

Denis99

Über Member
34E77CC2-CA67-491A-9454-F9D2B779CD51.jpeg
D041F13D-32DB-4159-82DC-7DCAF2835957.jpeg

Wells Cathedral

I can live without basketball.
Me too. And yet I find myself following the outcome of this years NBA finals. The Raptors have the chance to take it out of the US for the first time. Strangely, the Raptors' home is in a place where your town is named from! And the Raptors' coach/manager served his coaching apprenticeship in the BBL (British Basketball League). Weird stuff, as weird as the game itself. And as weird as the factoid that the game was 'invented' by not a 'Mercan, but a canajun.

Some dude asked me to come down to a local boxing club to try some boxing pics during practice. Better lighting where the shows take place but this was a dark stinky gym so it was hard to catch a clear shot with the bad lighting and fast action. But I tried, sure would be easier with flash but can't blind the boxers ha ha!

First attempt, can only get better! Full manual at a high iso, 3200 to allow enough light. Only f5.0 with my lens. Maybe I will try my 1.8 fixed lens next time hoping it will allow more light and better image.

IMG_0304-700.JPG
IMG_0307-700.JPG

Salar

A fish out of water
Good stuff. :thumbsup:

It's difficult photographing moving objects ( I used to take pics of motor bike scrambling, my best shots were of the start line when nobody was moving :blush:)

Go for a shallow depth of field with your 1.8 lens to knock background out of focus and maybe experiment with a slowish shutter speed to get some blurred movement?

Also watch the burnout from the windows and doors.

Top Bottom