My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Nearly bought this today till I saw the price

oldwheels

Legendary Member
The largest jack leg ship in the world apparently being passed by a Calmac ferry.
FDB83492-228F-413E-9883-2C2731BE7704.png

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
What are the current air temperatures in a photo like this? Beautiful photo, but I am really hoping you'll tell me the temperatures are 70-80F. ;)

Where I am, this photo, it would be 97F.:cursing:

It's a slightly bizarre summer here... normal daytime temperatures would be 30-35C (86-95F) in July, sometimes going up to 40, but it's not settled into its normal routine yet. I think it was slightly under 30C yesterday. If it's really hot, I get up early and go up to the plateau just to the north, where it's a good 5C cooler. Or I stay indoors with the windows and doors closed!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A rare sight- a working Calmac ferry🤭
They claim 95% reliability which is probably true. I see them every day passing by to the Utter Hebs. The trouble is current demand outstrips the availability and I am imprisoned on an island because of the floods of tourists as the service was not designed for this.
Talking to a retired marine engineer some years ago who started on steam propulsion and he hated modern ship's engines as they were always breaking down unlike steam which was 100% reliable.

JVRider

Had an enjoyable ride this morning with the wife. The city has over 100 miles of bicycle paths. Today I'm showing some pictures from part of the river path, starting in the south part of the city and bicycling towards downtown (city center). This particular path runs (I think for a little over 20 miles). Most of the pictures were taken in about a 10 mile section. Best of all this route we rode today is almost completely free of cars and potential car traffic. Sorry if some of the photos are a bit blurry, I just take the pics as we ride. Stay safe everyone. -JV

1627786001582.png

1627786047172.png

1627786108694.png

1627786358901.png

1627786395073.png

1627786420591.png

1627786447747.png

Baldy

Über Member
Had an enjoyable ride this morning with the wife. The city has over 100 miles of bicycle paths. Today I'm showing some pictures from part of the river path, starting in the south part of the city and bicycling towards downtown (city center). This particular path runs (I think for a little over 20 miles). Most of the pictures were taken in about a 10 mile section. Best of all this route we rode today is almost completely free of cars and potential car traffic. Sorry if some of the photos are a bit blurry, I just take the pics as we ride. Stay safe everyone. -JV

View attachment 602001
View attachment 602002

View attachment 602003

View attachment 602004

View attachment 602005

View attachment 602006

View attachment 602007

View attachment 602008
Which city is that? It does look very nice.

JVRider

JVRider

Last one for the day And what a difference a day makes. Saturday was 98-100F. Hot and sunny. Days like those you tend to look for protection from the sun and wind here (which in the summer can easily be gusty at 15-30 mph.) Today (Sunday) was much more pleasant. Our ride today was 77F, almost 22 degrees cooler, and tomorrow night my ride could be 60-65F. Almost felt chilly tonight after Saturday. So I'll share my picture(s) of the day of what I look forward to because the next 2-3 days will be very different and we're probably 3 months away (October) from ur first snowfall here....fall and winter bicycling.

There's no stopping winter cycling here as long as the temperature isn't too cold. Last winter we had some terrible cold spells, like -15 to -20F (which translates to about -28 degrees celsius). That was too cold. Snow is not a problem, unless its the driveway. I can always find streets to ride even after a good snow. Hope everyone is well. :-) -JV

1627874812952.png

1627874919715.png

This is in Wichita, Kansas (USA).
Birthplace of Joe Walsh I believe? Kansas is a place I’d like to visit, though most likely never will, and it looks to have some great places to cycle too.
One stop would be Arrowhead Stadium, on game day…..
I see you have an image of a statue p,mis this in recognition of the native tribes people?
How much are these celebrated, or are there problems with this side of history?

Top Bottom