My quickest bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
As per title.

2252195111_0817c2fc66_b.jpg

Weather permitting, I will have a good spin out on him tomorrow.

bonj2

very nice! :ohmy: i'm impressed, i had you down as a hybriddy-type.;)

dura ace shifters? (tell by the cut-out bit)

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
bonj said:
very nice! :laugh: i'm impressed, i had you down as a hybriddy-type.:blush:

Monday to Friday I do hybrid and quite often Saturday and Sunday too.

If you look at the hoods, there's no cables showing which is a good giveaway it's got Italian bits on it. I think Shimano are changing theirs to match.

I think the last time I had this bike out was October last year.

I would have chosen something a little more understated (too many stickers for my taste),
but as it was £600 very nearly new secondhand, I'm not going to complain :sad:.

bonj2

longers said:
Monday to Friday I do hybrid and quite often Saturday and Sunday too.

If you look at the hoods, there's no cables showing which is a good giveaway it's got Italian bits on it. I think Shimano are changing theirs to match.

I think the last time I had this bike out was October last year.

I would have chosen something a little more understated (too many stickers for my taste),
but as it was £600 very nearly new secondhand, I'm not going to complain :blush:.

how does that work then? where do they go - surely there's a really sharp 90 degree bend in it, for the shifter cable to go down the handlebar?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
No it works - all sorted inside... been like that as long as shimano have had STI - both Campag and Shimano are great !

One reason I've not gone STI - the campag is neater.... the sooner shimano do concealed cables the better....

fossyant

Not ridden it since October....oh no !

I ride my MTB 5 days a week and any chance I'll get the Herety out rather than the Ribble at weekends - nothing like riding the best bike !

fossyant

PS being fussy - the QR on the front wheel is on the drive side - it should be on the non-drive (left - if sat on bike). OCD cyclist here !!!! :blush:

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
fossyant said:
PS being fussy - the QR on the front wheel is on the drive side - it should be on the non-drive (left - if sat on bike). OCD cyclist here !!!! :laugh:

Ok Marigold :blush::sad:

simonali

Guru
fossyant said:
PS being fussy - the QR on the front wheel is on the drive side - it should be on the non-drive (left - if sat on bike). OCD cyclist here !!!! :blush:

When I got my bike the front QR was on the right (not left) side and the first thing I did was turn it round before I put the bike in the car to take it home!

Top Bottom