My research and the 'violence' I witnessed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Blog linking is not really what CycleChat is about, we prefer it if you stay here and talk with us, particularly with a subject that sounds like it could be of interest and benefit to our membership to discuss and engage in conversation on.
I don't mind links as long as there's a little summary with it and we can discuss it here.
My purpose is to share my original and quite topical research with forum members - and enter in to discussion with them.
@cafebeard please could you post the text of the summary of your thesis on here and then, perhaps, a precis of your latest blog. Why not do that and see how we go? You said you wanted to enter into a discussion. Not happening so far - just wooden images abound.

Can I please take this opportunity to apologise for my rude posts.

fencecock.jpg

Attachments

• fencecock.jpg
    fencecock.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

pclay

Veteran
Actually, I just checked the link to his blog, and the site is not optimised for viewing on a tablet. Therefore, I didn't read it because I couldn't.

snorri

Legendary Member
Another misleading thread title from the same OP, the second in a week, any sensible person would have learned from his earlier error., but it's beginning to look intentional:sad:.

S-Express

Come on Tony - we talked about this before. Post your stuff here. Otherwise it just looks like you are simply and cynically trying to increase blog traffic.

(To the OP) I've read it. As above, why not provide us with a précis of the post and then develop the debate on here from that? People interested in the theory and wider context can always read your blog post for that if necessary, but the nature of a forum is that generally something succinct is needed as a starting point.

In the case of this (blog) post, the subject of symbolic violence seems to me well worth discussion here and that debate is likely to be more dynamic than it would be if conducted as comments directly on your blog. For example, I'd be interested in thoughts on whether it's possible to escape a loop whereby symbolic violence tends to lead to its subject feeling the need to comply and thus becoming complicit with the system engendering it and thereby prolongs and strengthens that system. Complicity spreads 'blame' (in general), so the responsibility for ending the symbolic violence - assuming that that's desirable - presumably rests with all parties involved? (But I'm not about to summarise your blog for you in order to provide the context for that example as that's presumptuous and I'm too lazy - it's your job as the OP, surely!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom