My roadie duo:

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Young Un

Took some new pics of my roadies this weekend.

Enjoy:
IMGP2208.jpg

IMGP2209.jpg

IMGP2212.jpg

IMGP2213.jpg

IMGP2214.jpg

IMGP2215.jpg

IMGP2216.jpg

IMGP2217.jpg

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Lovely! Is that fixed or SS? My guess is singlespeed.

Chain's a bit slack, mind.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Damn, beaten to mentioning the chain is slack.
Not a bad fixed, but i think it needs something, the back wheel looks like its far out:wacko:
Put some proper pedals on it, you'll be able to skid better.
You worked out the gear inches yet?
Edit: Whats its name YC?

Joe24

Dont worry, i will sort your chain. Ill take a hack saw to your non proper bike, move everything around and gaffa tape it back to being a proper bike;):angry:
(I do like that though, would love a 'bent)

Joe24

On a few fixeds(like mine) the back wheel sits tight to the frame. Which is why i cant have full mudguards. Yours seem to look like its right far back, if you get what i mean.
Edit: And get rid of the slack chain ;)

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I think I would personally have it a little tighter, but not much. Don't read too much into slack chain comments, they are traditional for fixed wheel bikes even when the chain is really tight.

Joe24

Young Un said:
Think it is just the geometry of the bike - or the length of the chain. and how much taughter do I need the chain?

Tighten it up, not much more. You can feel when its too tight when you turn the pedals.
Dont worry about tensioning your chain, i was worried about getting it right at first but now it doesnt bother me. I had an slight(more then slight) oval chain ring, which ment in one place it was quite slack, in anotherreally tight. Got used to that, just had to keep checking it in the right place.
New crank set on mine now(when i get it back tomorrow) which should hopefully not be oval/not be as oval.
GI will also be 75" when i get it back, was 65" before. Going to see how i get on with that:wacko:

Top Bottom