My Sack hangs too low

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
As you can see I have a basic handlebar bag. When I cycle stood up my knees clip it. Also I mount my phone on the other mount that you can see and use a dashcam app - I would like to just place the phone in the transparent pocket on the lid of the bag which would require the lid to face forwards.

So can anyone advise what can I use to increase the height at the lower end of the stem? (So that the bag lies horizontal).

I thought about getting a 2" cube of hard wood and drilling a groove down one side the same diameter as the stem then placing it on top of the lower section of stem under the rear of the bag. But I might be left with insufficient length.

Thoughts on any household items or specific products please?

IMG_20190926_173742657.jpg

IMG_20190926_173848137.jpg

IMG_20190926_174410758.jpg

Last edited:

Lee_M

Guru
I always thought those bags were designed to be hanging over the front wheel, not over the cross bar, so haven't you got it on the wrong way round?

OP
OP
sleuthey

sleuthey

Legendary Member
I always thought those bags were designed to be hanging over the front wheel, not over the cross bar, so haven't you got it on the wrong way round?
Yes, yes, yes. They are. If I mounted it the correct way round it would still follow the direction of the stem and I'd thus need a similar spacer. It would also fowl my phone mount.

Last edited:
Any handlebar bag that attaches with Velcro only will sag.
I don't understand why that one can't be attached in front of the handlebars. It would still sag but would be out of the way of your knees.

OP
OP
sleuthey

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Any handlebar bag that attaches with Velcro only will sag.
I don't understand why that one can't be attached in front of the handlebars. It would still sag but would be out of the way of your knees.
I see what your saying. So just mount it underneath and have the stem strap tight and the bar straps loose so it hangs at the front. Might shake about a bit but it's an option to consider thanks.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
It looks like a poorly-designed item. As above it should be ahead of the bars.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Take your phone off. Prioritise the bar bag. Put the phone case back on behind the bars.

Then start again.

Repeat the above steps.

Buy Haribos when you’re done.

Top Bottom