My Sack hangs too low

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
sleuthey

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Because it is silly and childish? Haven't we had enough of underwear and double entendres?
Even before we had the stolen toilet thread!

OP
OP
sleuthey

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Thanks for all the opinions, which are fairly consistent. I should have mentioned I had already mounted the bag underneath the bars but moved it for various reasons. Never the less, to appreciate everyone's opinion I will give it another trial underneath the bars on the weekend and see if I can level it off somehow.

Whether it's mounted above or below the bars, the issue I have is angling it so the transparent pouch faces forwards - I an unsure what the very easy solution is that @Heltor Chasca is aware of but I'll give it a g

If it doesn't work I can look at the bar extender.

Last edited:

lane

Veteran
Possibly a poorly designed product if it needs to attach to the stem. You could purchase a different bag that attaches to a bracket which attaches to the bike.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
You could just leave it where it is and cycle with knees akimbo.

HTH

You can buy the Rixen &Kaul bar bag bracket and mounting system separately and add them to your bag.
You may need to add some internal stiffer such as correx plastic sheet. Just rivet through rhe bracket, bag and correx
R&K is the best barbag mounting system by a long way.

pjd57

Veteran
Ditch the bar bag altogether and get a triangular one that sits in the front of the frame.

Totally ditch the phone mount .
Put it away out of site and look at the road .

OP
OP
sleuthey

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Yeah, yeah. Thanks for taking the piss chaps. :blush:
Thanks to @crossfire for the helpful suggestion of a Bar Extender I have ordered a cheap one off ebay so Ill try a few combinations with it.

This morning I had a near miss when a car pulled out from my left on a MRAB. As streetlamps were good my camera in its mount just about caught its reg number. I was luck but had I have collided I would be glad of the evidence. On that basis I am ruling out a Frame/Wheel mounted bag or removal of the phone mount. But thanks for the suggestions.

Top Bottom