My Saddle is Nothing But a Pain in the ah . . . rear! (Update)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Rockn Robin

Rockn Robin

Ergon gp2s have small barends that work well with my s bars. Can't speak to other bar types. Easy to take on and off as opposed to the stock ones.

Those are nice. I have Ergon grips, but not with bar ends. I should swap them out. I’m going to the Brompton dealer on Saturday. Perhaps the have them.

OP
OP
Rockn Robin

Rockn Robin

Any update from the saddle-front?
The Missus and I are both of the opinion our Brompton saddles are as “broken-in” as they are gonna get. And, they aren’t working for us.

It was of the opinion of a bike tech at a local shop to have a properly fitted saddle. That would first require the measurement of the seat bones. Although the stock Brompton saddle is of decent quality, it’s not one size fits all. I’m using padded shorts and a padded gel seat cover. It’s ok, but I still need my arse measured. I was going to go in last week, but I will wait until my bank account recovers from a drought. ^_^

It was of the opinion of a bike tech at a local shop to have a properly fitted saddle. That would first require the measurement of the seat bones. Although the stock Brompton saddle is of decent quality, it’s not one size fits all. I’m using padded shorts and a padded gel seat cover. It’s ok, but I still need my arse measured. I was going to go in last week, but I will wait until my bank account recovers from a drought. ^_^
LMAO (see what I did there?)
Best wishes for A Satisfying Solution.

simongt

Guru
Odd about your Brompton saddle Rockin' Robin. The GLW & I both bought Bromptons a couple of years ago, ride them frequently and haven't had any saddle related issues at all. Or any other come to that - ! ^_^

OP
OP
Rockn Robin

Rockn Robin

Odd about your Brompton saddle Rockin' Robin. The GLW & I both bought Bromptons a couple of years ago, ride them frequently and haven't had any saddle related issues at all. Or any other come to that - ! ^_^

I’m finding out more about saddles, and that there are different sizes to match the size of each person’s seat bone measurement. The Brompton saddle is good quality, as Brompton would not use inferior parts. The saddles, as good as they are, come in one stock size, and one size doesn’t fit all. For me, it’s not the right fit as it is for you. Bottom line, I need my arse measured to find the appropriate size saddle.

Top Bottom