My sister is an alien - Episode II

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
yep, best solution, i'm just letting off steam really coz i can't punch her lights out

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The trouble with this kind of family crap is that people end up saying and doing things that they later come to regret...

My father and uncle (by marriage to my father's last surviving sister) fell out at my grandmother's funeral, my aunt sided with her husband, so my father refused to see or speak to her again for over 30 years, despite her only living 6 miles from us.

My sister eventually broke the deadlock and went over to see our aunt. Sis saw her a couple of times, and then there was a shock announcement - our aunt had been taken ill with an inoperable brain tumour. We all got to see her one last time and then she died. Our dad was gutted that he'd let one stupid argument keep him apart from his sister all that time. He loved her - his problem was with our uncle. Why couldn't he have seen his sister when her husband wasn't around? Incredibly, it turned out that he'd been working in the USA for about 10 of those 30 years while his family continued to live in the next town!

I was going to suggest making one last effort to patch things up, but I've just reread your posts buggi - your sister sounds damn hard work and I'm not sure that I'd put up with her either :tongue: !

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
you make up with her, and then she says something else. she really is hard work.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Buggi, this just gets stupider the more you look at it.
IMO take the path of least resistance, drop big Sis(her own request)and leave the door open for Lil' Sis.
Let them do the all work from here on in.

No one needs sh1te like this.

wafflycat

tdr1nka said:
IMO take the path of least resistance, drop big Sis(her own request)and leave the door open for Lil' Sis.

+1

Lardyboy

tdr1nka said:

+1 too

yello

People will see the same story with different perspectives. I'm sure if either sister were posting here too, we'd see an entirely different interpretation of events. It doesn't mean anyone's wrong, just seeing things differently and interpreting actions differently. It's a fact of life so don't walk away with any hatred.

I said before, people will always think something and you will never ever be able to control that. Just accept it. In my experience, there can come a time where you have to shrug the shoulders and, with absolutely no malice, move on with your own life.

Top Bottom