My sister is an alien - Episode II

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
So older sis sends be a text telling me she wasn't gloating. This is her way of telling me that she knows i told my younger sister that she was gloating when she told me she was the only one invited to the wedding.

so i texts her back and says " you just can't help yourself. Look, i'm not looking for an argument but in the last few years, on the odd occasions you've actually been speaking to me, you haven't said a good word to me about anyone. when i told you i was upset she [younger sis] didn't tell me she got married you straight away told me you had been invited and knew all along. just what reaction were you hoping to get? at worst its gloating, at best its extremely insensitive. [younger sis] is leaving soon and you seem to be doing your best to alienate the rest of us by your constant telling tales. why don't you spend 2009 trying to build some bridges with the family that is staying here. just think about it yea? we may all say things in the heat of the moment, but we are all human and we all say and make mistakes, it doesn't make us bad people, and you shouldn't keep holding all these grudges".

anyway, didn't get a reply so thought, cool, maybe she's thinking about it. then i get a text off my younger sis who tells me older sis told her that i told older sis that my mum and dad were really angry she got married. WTF???? i never even spoke to my mum before i went to see my sis and i ain't seen my sis since i spoke to my mum, and i didn't say it.

so i texted my older sister and said "see what i mean? you can't help it... why have you told [younger sis] that i said mum and dad were angry, when you know that is a blatant lie made up by you to cause trouble?".

;)

She texted back "don't text or phone me ever again, i am deleting your number coz i am sick of this shoot i keep getting".

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
..why not actually speak to each other?

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
she won't pick up the phone and when she does she doesn't listen. she's only interested in telling you what other people have said about you and that the reason she is telling you is because of some grudge she has against that person. then if you let something slip, it gets twisted and reported back badly. trust me, much better to keep it simple and text.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Younger sis needs to hear it from you, in person, in a better format then text. If neither sister will speak with you then write a letter (or email) in full words and proper English.

Text is troublesome at the best of times.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
younger sis should know better to be honest. it wasn't long ago my older sis caused trouble for her and she said then she knew what she was like. seems she has forgotten, and for some reason they have become very pally pally in last few months, prob coz older sister has been looking after her kid after school.

prob best if we never spk again to be honest, and altho i will miss younger sis, she can't go soon enough now, then my older sis will have no one to slag rest of family off to and there will be harmony. younger sis thinks this is all to do with coz she got married, but to be honest its just another excuse for my older sister to start her stirring.

sheddy

Legendary Member
"She texted back "don't text or phone me ever again, i am deleting your number coz i am sick of this shoot i keep getting"

Sounds like a result !

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
LOL. yea you are right. there have been times in the last 5 years that she has "banned" me from her house (usually for stuff she's said about me that i've confronted her about) and i've actually been better off not speaking to her. things are much nicer.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
At least now if she tells your younger sister that you've said something or other your younger sister should know for certain she's lying!

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
buggi - at the risk of sounding really stern....what is the upside here? By which I mean what is the best result that, as an impartial observer, you could reasonably anticipate. You're standing on your rights as a member of a family. Forget it. Take a break. Leave her alone.

Next Christmas send her a card with a note saying 'It might be fun to get back together again. You know where I am'.

Cranky

buggi, I've had a stalemate with my older (and only) brother since 2006. Believe me, it's not worth getting into over-complicated justifications. The plot gets completely lost and it all becomes pointless. Let her go but leave the door ajar. If she wants to walk through it at a later stage, then you can take things from there.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
dellzegg. i once went out with an indian guy (sikh). without even meeting him she told me never to bring that "paki" round her house (my sis don't like muslims and tarrs everyone that colour with the terrorist brush) and for weeks after whenever i was in her presence she would slag off "pakis". i just let her get on with it coz i knew she was trying to get a rise out of me.

a few months later said fella went on holiday with his ex and kids, as she would not allow him to take kids on his own. Now i know this is a strange situation but my ex was up front about it and i honestly believe to this day (even tho i am no longer seeing him) that he was honest with me. i told my younger sister but not my older one as i knew what she would say.

my younger sister let it slip to her and when i next went round to my older sister she sat slagging off "pakis". eventually i said "look, do you have to keep going on about "paki's, i know what you are doing, you are having another dig at me". Then she got up from her seat and flew into a rage and had a fit at me about why was i going out with that paki if he's off on holiday shagging his ex and she made out that both her and my younger sister thought the same. This also caused a massive row with my younger sister (which is why my sister should know what she is like)

Of course, that was the last straw and i "kindly" reminded her (ok, i admit i totally lost my cool, but i had been holding it together for months) that neither her nor my sister had any right to judge my relationship when they had both stayed with blokes that had tried it on with me, and whatever my fella did or didn't do, at least he didn't try it on with his girlfriends sister!!!!

She didn't like been reminded of this and banned me from her house and didn't speak to me for two years.

two years later we made up and i found out she had a new best friend called Sheila. Anyway, one day she said something about sheila being hindu and i said "o is she married to an indian guy?" and my sister said "no, she's indian" :laugh:

so i said "so why did you ban my bloke from your house?, you're a hypocrite" and she banned me from her house for a further 18 months.

This is the sort of person you are dealing with.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Cranky, i don't think i want to leave the door ajar anymore. i've had enough of her. the less she knows about my life the less trouble she can cause for me.

Cranky

buggi said:
Cranky, i don't think i want to leave the door ajar anymore. i've had enough of her. the less she knows about my life the less trouble she can cause for me.

There's your solution, buggi.

Top Bottom