My sons cycle to work bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
Im very happy my son has just recieved his new bike with the cycle to work scheme. Its a very nice looking bike, a white GT Avalanche Comp. He also bought the lights and decent lock at the same time.
Surprisingly he has started using it for work straight away, which means my car would actually be available for a change if needed?
Now theres a new feeling, worry, knowing what it can be like on the roads and his lack of cycling experience im always saying things like "be carefull" ect. To which I normally hear a "yeah yeah ok Dad".
Those cycle to work things are great though arent they?

jhawk

Veteran
Im very happy my son has just recieved his new bike with the cycle to work scheme. Its a very nice looking bike, a white GT Avalanche Comp. He also bought the lights and decent lock at the same time.
Surprisingly he has started using it for work straight away, which means my car would actually be available for a change if needed?
Now theres a new feeling, worry, knowing what it can be like on the roads and his lack of cycling experience im always saying things like "be carefull" ect. To which I normally hear a "yeah yeah ok Dad".

I get it a lot from my old man too - even though I ride more than he does! Your son will do just fine. :smile:

Wish they had C2W schemes here!

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
^_^Im very tempted myself, its an easy way to get a good bike with a saving but i couldnt justify it to my wife as i already have two that are still in very good condition.

Kilbourne

Regular
I have asked about the cycle to work scheme at the last company I was with and they told me it costs them too much money.

However I am at a new company now, and theres about 5 of us now that bike to work, so this many be something I can put forward.
Does it actually cost the company much money do you know?

Michael86

I have asked about the cycle to work scheme at the last company I was with and they told me it costs them too much money.

However I am at a new company now, and theres about 5 of us now that bike to work, so this many be something I can put forward.
Does it actually cost the company much money do you know?
Short term it costs them, but then you have to pay it back over the year. So they would get their money back.

adamhearn

Veteran
Short term it costs them, but then you have to pay it back over the year. So they would get their money back.
I would think the "it costs them" means the costs the company incur by running the scheme. Time and effort is money so management of the scheme is a cost which may be something outside of what they can budget for.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
There is a link in this to see other peoples "riding bags" but the link doesn't work, do you happen to know what the link is for it? :smile:
I think it was link to a post on here , some time back, about what riders generally carry with them on a commute... Shaun has since reformatted the forum so some of the links are no longer active. It was nothing vital.

D

Deleted member 1258

Yes my eldest cycle commuted for several years and I was the same, that small nagging worry in the back of the mind, its normal, it shows we care about them.

Top Bottom