My SR plans: 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fungus

Veteran
Good news: I completed the Moors & Wolds 400k on Saturday/Sunday so subject to validation that is my SR for 2012 done :smile:

PpPete

Legendary Member
With the National 400 at the weekend, Mrs PpP and I have completed our first SR:wahhey:.... and halfway through our RRTY.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I was hoping to do an SR this year as preparation for LEL. However injuries to me and to a cycling buddy have meant that so far I have done the sum total of 0 Audax. Not good.

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
I was hoping to do an SR this year as preparation for LEL. However injuries to me and to a cycling buddy have meant that so far I have done the sum total of 0 Audax. Not good.
Same plans, same result: lack of work rather than injuries in my case, so I've still done the planned miles, just not in events.

However, it's the Dunwich Dynamo soon and all I need for that is a £8 train ticket, which I have!

martint235

Dog on a bike
Same plans, same result: lack of work rather than injuries in my case, so I've still done the planned miles, just not in events.

However, it's the Dunwich Dynamo soon and all I need for that is a £8 train ticket, which I have!
I'm still toying with the idea of the FNRttC to Southend and back on the Friday and then Dunwich and back. My feeling is that if I can manage that I'm a long way through my prep for LEL.

fungus

Veteran
I'm still toying with the idea of the FNRttC to Southend and back on the Friday and then Dunwich and back. My feeling is that if I can manage that I'm a long way through my prep for LEL.

LEL is a long way away yet. If you can get on the RRTY train & keep that up over winter & build up from there to an SR & then LEL you will be fine :thumbsup:

martint235

Dog on a bike
LEL is a long way away yet. If you can get on the RRTY train & keep that up over winter & build up from there to an SR & then LEL you will be fine :thumbsup:
I think part of my problem is that I keep telling myself that LEL is over a year away!!!

I'm fairly confident I can do it, my one day distances are fine as is my night riding. However the one thing not tried and tested is back to back days.

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
If you have difficulty getting to a calendar event there is the option of riding a DIY perm, or there might be a local permanent route. More info here: http://www.aukweb.net/perms/ and in the DIY section below it.
I'd thought of that, but riding 400km and over on my own sounds like a tall order; however I might do just a 200km so I can call myself a "randonneur"!

By the way: "RRTY"?

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
I had thought of doing Castles and the Coast which is the same day as DD, but as I am tied to trains for getting about, I decided it was too much faff in the end.

PpPete

Legendary Member
I'd thought of that, but riding 400km and over on my own sounds like a tall order; however I might do just a 200km so I can call myself a "randonneur"!

By the way: "RRTY"?

RandonnéeRoundTheYear.
In AUK-speak this means a ride of at least 200km in each of successive 12 months (doesnt have to be calendar year or audax season - any successive 12 months counts). Miss a month - and you are back to zero.
Some find it a harder challenge than an SR.....
As fungus suggests, regular winter 200s should give you some of the mental toughness needed - that is what I'm hoping anyway.

Top Bottom