my Trek Fuel EX 9.5

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr Mag00

rising member
818027102_d01694e02b.jpg

818028246_5718a3ba4e.jpg

817152327_8663fb4ee3.jpg

818031356_05e95252be.jpg

yeah i treated myself to it last spring, in an effort to get back into riding, i have a chas roberts road bike too. i want to me able to do marathon racing this summer, but i'm not getting in the training i really need at the moment

simonali

Guru
Very nice indeedy!

gbb

Legendary Member
Forgive my ignorance...but that looks a very nicely finished bike mr magoo....i assume its higher end. I love the detail.
As a side note, you have the seat height set as a friend of mine does...impossibly high looking, but he is tall with impossibly long legs ;):biggrin:

I was walking past the cycle racks one day where his bike was parked. There stood a couple of Spanish lorry drivers, looking and talking animatedly about his seat height...then one of them made a 'climbing ladders' action...and they both laughed like gutters. Made me laugh :biggrin:

OP
OP
mr Mag00

mr Mag00

rising member
gbb, it is quite a high specced bike, carbon throughout, sram top end and juicy carbon brakes, tis lovely i chersish it much!!! but it was bought last year and is a 06 model so great saving, 45% if remember correctly, i smashed the credit card to get it.
my old bike was even smaller frame and v v uncomfortable as was set up as a true xc bike, nose down and it too looked odd and always brought comment from people walking by like ur friends.
this has a more relaxed geometry and i sit more upright its a 17.5 inch frame, i tried the 19.5 and was too high not much stand over as it looks, due to quite a steep angle on the topbar.

over the next year i want to reduce the weight somewhat, although i have toyed with the idea of selling, currently i believe i would get more than i paid for it and get a newer, but last years models as people seem to change bikes like cars these days.

02GF74

Über Member
mr Mag00 said:
over the next year i want to reduce the weight somewhat, although i have toyed with the idea of selling, currently i believe i would get more than i paid for it and get a newer, but last years models as people seem to change bikes like cars these days.

eat less pies if you want to reduce weight.

why do you want to sell it? ok, you may get a bit more than you paid for it butthen would you get as much bike with the money? big deal that it is 2008 and you ride a 06 bike. my daily commute is saracen 1994 vintage that is still running strong, due to its age is worth nothing but to buy a bike of same spec would be > 500.

I'd agree that post looks awfully high :smile:

OP
OP
mr Mag00

mr Mag00

rising member
why do you want to sell it? ok, you may get a bit more than you paid for it butthen would you get as much bike with the money? big deal that it is 2008 and you ride a 06 bike. my daily commute is saracen 1994 vintage that is still running strong, due to its age is worth nothing but to buy a bike of same spec would be > 500.

it was only an idea.

and the saddle is only a little above the height of the bars

Top Bottom