My "Wardrobe Malfunction". It's worse than Janet Jackson's......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
It's a ratchet problem. I assume you have short, bristley hair? The material of the hat moves over the nap of your hair in one direction only and this is resulting in the unwanted movement of your new hat.
I have a similar problem with some fleece hats. I can put them on and check carefully in a mirror that any logos are aligned centrally at the front but once I start moving around a bit the movement of my scalp results in the hat rotating on my head and the logo moves unstoppably to my left.

I think a slick wet shave of the head will be the only solution, but my wife won't let me so I have to live with continually correcting the hat's position....
I'm starting to think that the turn-up could be the problem. Being a dedicated follower of style, I felt obliged to use one in order to show the peeps that I had bought a branded fashion item from Screwfix for £12.99 . It was the only way to show off the label and my excellent taste. However, I don't have the ratchet problem. The brand label stays radially aligned (rakishly slightly off-centre) until the hat pops off the top of my head. Like you, family pressures prevent me going totally Telly Savalas.

Last edited:
OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Double sided Gaffa tape, which i'm not sure even exists. But if it doesn't, you could invent it, stick your beanie to your bonce with it, then punt said tape to Dragons Den.
I'd ask for £25K for a 5% share. Touker Suleyman will be your best bet.
Double stick carpet tape. Probably good for (ahem) bikini stuff, but I'd rather not, thank you very much indeed.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I'm starting to think that the turn-up could be the problem. Being a dedicated follower of style, I felt obliged to use one in order to show the peeps that I had bought a branded fashion item from Screwfix for £12.99 . It was the only way to show off the label and my excellent taste. However, I don't have the ratchet problem. The brand label stays radially aligned (rackishly slightly off-centre) until the hat pops off the top of my head. Like you, family pressures prevent me going totally Telly Savalas.
Maybe I just have a screwtop head? :laugh:

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I'd never pay £12.99 for a beanie, even with the designer label Screwifix.
I buy my beanies from B&M or Home Bargains at around £1.99 each. They also have the added bonus that they look so so sh!t, that you dont care if they rise up. In fact you hope they will rise up so far to be blown away, never to be seen again.
Oh dear, oh dear. This isn't an ordinary run-of-the-mill beanie! It's totally exotic and a tasteful shade of grey. People stop me in the street and ask me where they can get one.

Besides, it's mobile.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Maybe I just have a screwtop head? :laugh:
Ah, a screwed down hairdo like some cat from Japan. Are you Ziggy Stardust?

Top Bottom