My "Wardrobe Malfunction". It's worse than Janet Jackson's......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheddy

Legendary Member
No need for mechanical fixing.
Simply lower your head into the wind and run or ride faster.

Disclaimer: Visibility may now be an issue.

Drago

Legendary Member
A couple of weeks ago, I bought an acrylic beanie hat to keep my ears warm. It came highly recommended by the hardy parishioners at Screwfix. It's certainly warm but it got a weird wanderlust. At the beginning of a ride, I jam it down right to my neck but within a couple of minutes it's heading northwards over my ears.....and it's not inclined to stop. After adjustment, the whole process repeats with tedious monotony. Obviously, duct tape would fix the problem. An alternative would be to get a couple of ring piercings in my ears, sew a couple of mini snap-links to the hat, and clip in at the start of every ride. Pretty stylish really, but there has to be a better way.
Are there any fellow sufferers on the forum, and if so, could you possibly offer advice? Thank you.
The ruddy faced salt of the earth types at Screwfix (a great name for a dating agency!) have sold you a diaphragm, and you are now cycling around with a contraceptive device stretched across your noggin.

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The ruddy faced salt of the earth types at Screwfix (a great name for a dating agency!) have sold you a diaphragm, and you are now cycling around with a contraceptive device stretched across your noggin.
It did occur to me that the hat was behaving like a wayward condom.....

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Have you thought of using one of those 'cycle helmets' to hold it down? (see also the great cycle helmet debate (every year since records began) / the real reason for the C+ Migration...)

Dave7

Legendary Member
Or galvanised roofing felt nails, they're short enough not to enter the grey matter. Hammer those muthas through the beanie into your skull.
I was going to suggest a couple of 6 inch nails but I confess yours is possibly a better solution. Perhaps he could start with your idea and revert to mine if yours doesn't work:wacko:

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Run a cable tie through it and under yer chin?
I think a chin strap would dent my reputation as something of a style icon.

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
No - it'll be a Srewfix head. Compatible with Screwfix beanies. If you wait a short while there's a chap in this thread might get frustrated with his Screwfix one and it'll be yours for the price of a pint or a swap with your presently incompatible beanie. That's what I'd call a result.
Having traded up to a stylish £12.99 beanie, I'd be reluctant to go back to a down-market product.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
No - it'll be a Srewfix head. Compatible with Screwfix beanies. If you wait a short while there's a chap in this thread might get frustrated with his Screwfix one and it'll be yours for the price of a pint or a swap with your presently incompatible beanie. That's what I'd call a result.

I think Joe Phillips has a flat head.

Top Bottom