My "Wardrobe Malfunction". It's worse than Janet Jackson's......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

12boy

Guru
I've read morticians are fond of staples to secure errant toupees....but perhaps you should embrace the reservoir end look to enhance your debonair and elegant beauty.

roley poley

Über Member
wear a buff and pull it up at the nape of your neck to cover the back of your hat

oldwheels

Legendary Member
We sold many thousands of beanie hats and never heard of that as a problem. Ours were made from wool which may be the solution for you. Get another proper hat.

It's a ratchet problem. I assume you have short, bristley hair? The material of the hat moves over the nap of your hair in one direction only and this is resulting in the unwanted movement of your new hat.
I have a similar problem with some fleece hats. I can put them on and check carefully in a mirror that any logos are aligned centrally at the front but once I start moving around a bit the movement of my scalp results in the hat rotating on my head and the logo moves unstoppably to my left.

I think a slick wet shave of the head will be the only solution, but my wife won't let me so I have to live with continually correcting the hat's position....
I was just about to post that, but you've done it so eloquently, that all I can add is a recommendation that the OP grows his hair longer so that the pawls are too soft to support the hat's weight and it remains in place.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Surely, if you leave the beanie on for long enough, your hair will grow through it. After a while, it'll be sufficiently long for a comb-over.
That should sort it.
HTH

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Oh dear, oh dear. This isn't an ordinary run-of-the-mill beanie! It's totally exotic and a tasteful shade of grey. People stop me in the street and ask me where they can get one.

Besides, it's mobile. View attachment 501104
If you got a short length of elastic, fitted it at the bottom under the fold, you could anchor it under your ears. This will either force your ears to the crown of your head or keep the bugger snugger. Possibly.

postman

Legendary Member
Eric Morecambe has the answer.The beanie is the right size,it's your head that is too small.So before you go out.20p in the garage tyre pressure gauge thingy and blow your head up.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Remember the elastic that your mum used to sew to your gloves then thread it though the arms of your coat to the other glove?

You could always use the same elastic. Just sew it to both sides of your hat and voila you have an elasticated chin strap.

Top Bottom