My website is "RED HOT" according to Google Trends :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thomas

the tank engine

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Erm....I don't get...

Please explain why your site that goes red hot might be of interest...?

For us web don't give a hoot lot ?

mangaman

Well done thomas - don't let the wind-up merchants put you down ;)

It's definititely a good achievement although don't get carried away and think you're the next Steve Jobs. The dotcom bubble has gone.

But you have proved you had an idea which generated worldwide interest and was widely linked to by important sites which is the most important thing in the www. Not many people have done that.

So well done and put it prominently on your CV!

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
fossyant said:
Erm....I don't get...

Please explain why your site that goes red hot might be of interest...?

For us web don't give a hoot lot ?

I'll be honest when I say I don't know for sure...but my understanding is, it means that it is one of the top searches made for a particular time. When I saw it, which was after the peak, it was 7th out of 10, for top searches.

(if my understanding is wrong...please correct me!)

mangaman said:
Well done thomas - don't let the wind-up merchants put you down :becool:

It's definititely a good achievement although don't get carried away and think you're the next Steve Jobs. The dotcom bubble has gone.

But you have proved you had an idea which generated worldwide interest and was widely linked to by important sites which is the most important thing in the www. Not many people have done that.

So well done and put it prominently on your CV!

haha, I'm not too carried away, just proud! :smile:

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Globalti said:
Er... great site but what's the point? I got bored after about 10 guesses.

Believe it or not, but [some] people spend ages playing it....5 to 10 minutes, easily :becool:. It's similar in attraction to hot or not.

The point is just to guess people's ages....and to upload a photo and have your age guessed!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Globalti said:
Er... great site but what's the point? I got bored after about 10 guesses.
Apart from it being a bit of fun, I think the point is that when you get bored you might exit the site via one of the ads rather than via the browser's back button! ;)

TVC

The ability to upload your photo and get thousands of people to gawp at your mug is a must for the terminally vain... the site is bound to be a great short term success, make as much money as you can Thomas, nice one.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Never overestimate what people will waste time doing - indeed that is probably the entire foundation of any Internet success story.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Good site, nice and simple, plays on human nature, it's well thought out, so kudos to you, and I hope it makes you a little bit of cash while it's in the spotlight!

Top Bottom