My wife's a diamond

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bill Gates

My wife has recently joined a Book Club and I said that I would read the books after her and we would discuss them prior to her next meeting. She handed me a smallish book, which had very small print. I tried to read it but it was just too small to enjoy, so she finds a library on the internet about a 15 minute drive away that's got a copy and drives over there to borrow it. Same as. So I said to her that maybe she should read it to me out loud. Within seconds she opens to the first page and starts to read it out loud. Blimey I was only joking but there she was about to read the whole book to me.

or as tommy cooper said...….my wifes a treasure...…………………………….she should be buried somewhere

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

When my daughter got married, at the sit down reception I rose to give my Father of the Bride speech to around 200 guests. At the end I listed all the things that had gone wrong in the recent past such as failed businesses, heart attack, car accidents etc. with the anticipation that I was going to thank my wife for sticking by me. I turned to her and spat out "Gill, you've brought me nothing but bad luck" . To be honest the place erupted with laughter. I then of course thanked her and said that I hoped my daughter and her new husband would beat adversity etc. They divorced 3 years ago.

BTW As I stood up I experienced a rush of Cortisol and I knew that I was having my 2nd heart attack. I went to hospital after all the speeches and missed the sit down meal and following disco.

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

So Bill, how is she doing with the latest Jack Reacher book then?
I think Ive got most of them by now. I gave a mate of mine a list of those that I'd got as he travels around charity book shops. He triumphally gave me a Jack Reacher book he'd found. The trouble was he'd transposed the list in his head into those that I hadn't got. So I got a duplicate one which he took back.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Don't take this personally OP,but reading books is (not too bad if they have nice pictures in:whistle:):tired:. Then to discuss them afterwards!:eek:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Reading is one of the greatest pleasures in life.
Big books make good door stoppers and smaller ones are good for levelling up short table or chair legs!:whistle: :okay:
But seriously, when i was a child...a long time ago,i was never out of the local library,but i haven't read a book in decades. I'll read newspapers online for hours and articles online as well,but actually reading a proper book....i just haven't the patience. I'd just see it as a challenge to reach the end. Some friends i see down the local pub swap books with each other,but they (the men not the books) are old and not very active.:smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom