Mystery eBay purchase: a Raleigh Record Sprint

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
cheers DC but I really must resist. I've just off loaded 3 bikes inc the CC bike. I reckon i'd only have it sat in the garage gathering dust, so i'll let someone who will ride it take up the opportunity :thumbsup:

@smokeysmoo - I hope you like it; en route shortly.
:hyper:I'm setting off myself in a minute. You can't mistake me as I've been DIYing all day am as dressed accordingly :whistle:

bigjim

Legendary Member
I think there is a lot of them about because they were such a good bike. Light and fast but made a good tourer, Clubmans bike etc. They also has a long production run.
I used this one for everything in standard trim.
2219310876_522862ba0f_z.jpg

But I modernised this one.
9084165628_ddc5d07358_z.jpg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Comfy ride too, real good mile-eaters. Glad to see this one ain,t gonna end up fixied. ( not that I have anything at all against fixed gear riders or bikes, just that there seemed to be a rash of people taking classic cycles and hacking bits off to convert them into fixies pushing up the price of retro frames)
BTW my next project bike is a 3speed Raleigh which will be able to be changed to a SS just by swapping the rear wheel and removing the SA shifter and cable (no dropout on the frame) :biggrin: Just got to wait til I can walk again to do it.

Top Bottom