mystery KOM smasher

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
Us locals in South Manchester had problems with a certain rider who would flag anyone's ride if they beat him. @potsy and @400bhp What happened to Daryl ?

I use it mainly for a good logger of miles, and checking I'm at the top of my club's mileage chart, until the weekend warriors come out at weekend ! I need to ride at weekends more !

Oh, he's still around. Think he has changed his name. @potsy knows more.

potsy

Rambler
Oh, he's still around. Think he has changed his name. @potsy knows more.
Never heard of him :whistle:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
There are a couple of top ranked rides on Strava, by admittedly good riders, on a route I use. The KoM has it listed as an average over the segment of 38mph and a maximum of 50mph + . That would be OK were it downhill but it's uphill for 90% of the distance and around 5% average gradient with a maximum of 8%.
Not a chance. Maybe in his Mum's car.
Then flag it!

I've seen that.... as you say I would never use it, what's the point? the only person you're kidding is yourself.... I haven't got any KOM's at present (had a couple for a short period) but faking it wouldn't give me any satisfaction

I quote like the DigitalEPO site as a backlash against the more extreme Strava participants.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
My interest in Strava as weakened greatly for unknown reasons, I hardly even use it as a social tool any more.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Strava is just another social networking website. Use it or don't, who cares. Bagging KOM's is so 2011. There are much better analytical tools freely available.

Social networking? And there was me thinking that actually going out, and meeting real people, was social networking:whistle: Or is that sooo 1990's:laugh:

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Strava is good, its not a social Network, My cycling club posts events and important notifications, I can see what my fellow club member are up to, learn new route, directly ask them what type of training they did. The group can talk about a certain ride, give tips. There are now some sufferfest videos for training. I can also have fun and go for some KOM’s if I want. Stop being grumpy farts.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Strava is good, its not a social Network, My cycling club posts events and important notifications, I can see what my fellow club member are up to, learn new route, directly ask them what type of training they did. The group can talk about a certain ride, give tips. There are now some sufferfest videos for training. I can also have fun and go for some KOM’s if I want. Stop being grumpy farts.
I like being a grumpy fart. Given I'm only a member of the cyclechat group (lets me see how few miles I do compared to some), the social side is limited. I guess if your in a club it can be used to organise rides etc, better than Faecebook.

VamP

Banned

Is it me, or do you not understand what social networks are?

Top Bottom