Mystery painting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
Mrs Gunk picked this print up in a charity shop today, I really like it, but we have no idea what the building is, it looks a bit like Brighton Pavilion, does anyone have any ideas?

IMG_1076.jpeg

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Mrs Gunk picked this print up in a charity shop today, I really like it, but we have no idea what the building is, it looks a bit like Brighton Pavilion, does anyone have any ideas?

View attachment 706514

There's a UFO top LH corner....

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

View attachment 706514

Looks vaguely Russian or Islamic to me.

I quite like it tbh.

The frame and border though are weak and wishy-washy.

Black frame, wider border and border colour mirroring one of the strong reds in the picture would make it much more striking and a lot classier too.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Looking at the sky on the right hand side, it looks as though the Red Arrows have done a loop the loop over Brighton Pavilion ( or the artist accidentally put their coffee mug down on the canvas )

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Too tall for Brighton pavillion but with those onion topped spires it could Russian. No wonder the owner couldn't wait to give it to the charity shop.

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
Orthodox domes and classical architraves over the windows: search on Turkey, Bulgaria, Balkans and you might strike lucky.

Top Bottom