Mytholmroyd - 36 or 52 mile hilly ride, Sun 5th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
goodspeed said:
Think I'll be up for this again Colin, might just do the first loop depending on time, I'll leave the last bit to you 20% nutters!!!!!:wacko:
Well, you could always go home the 'easy way' via Hebden Bridge and Cock Hill. I've put you on the list.

trio25

Über Member
I am hoping to be there, OH is ill at the moment though so if there is no improvement I probably won't want to be out all day.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

trio25 said:
I am hoping to be there, OH is ill at the moment though so if there is no improvement I probably won't want to be out all day.
Okay trio. It would be good to see you again if you can make it, but if not there's Spring Into The Dales coming up soon.

Let me know if you are going to be at Hollingworth Lake and we'll watch out for you.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

The local forecast is looking okay for tomorrow - dry and mild, sunny spells, not too windy. Probably clouding over later in the day.

Is anybody coming by train? If so, please note that some trains do not stop at Mytholmroyd. They all stop at Hebden Bridge which is only about 5 minutes down the road by bike but if you were heading in the Leeds direction and didn't get off at HB, you'd be stuck on the train until Halifax which is 6 miles further on.

The 09:02 from Leeds gets into Mytholmroyd at 09:49.

The 09:08 from Manchester Victoria gets into Mytholmroyd at 09:55.

If you are coming on either of those trains, please let me know because if there was any delay at all, you'd be late meeting us at the community centre. If I know someone is coming by train, I'll say hello to the others at the community centre and come round to the station to meet you. If either of the trains is late and I know you are on it, we'll wait for you, otherwise we won't.

If you are not coming by train and for some reason you get to Mytholmroyd late, we might have already set off. We'll wait a while if anybody on the 'definite' list isn't there on time, but obviously we won't hang about all day. If you miss us, head up the Cragg Vale climb. We'll take that nice and steady so you ought to be able to catch up with us.

PS I'll check this thread before setting off in the morning to meet you. If you drop out (or in! :sad:) at the last minute, let me know here.

colly

Re member eR
Hope to be with you tomorrow but today I am feeling like death warmed :ohmy: up so I will see how I am later on today and in the morning.

I will let you know if I am not up for it.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

colly said:
Hope to be with you tomorrow but today I am feeling like death warmed :ohmy: up so I will see how I am later on today and in the morning.

I will let you know if I am not up for it.
I hope you feel better later, but if you have any doubts about your health it might be better to skip this one because it is quite a tiring ride. It's about the same distance as your recent Wharfedale route, but with 50% more hills!

colly

Re member eR
ColinJ said:
I hope you feel better later, but if you have any doubts about your health it might be better to skip this one because it is quite a tiring ride. It's about the same distance as your recent Wharfedale route, but with 50% more hills!

Oh joy!

PaulB

Legendary Member
But what Colin DOESN'T know is that I went over the route yesterday in a steamroller so there's now just 10% more hills! Still on for it and looking forward to it now.

colly

Re member eR
ColinJ said:

Feel better tonight but still off the pace, so I think it would be best to skip tomorrow. :sad:

Sorry I won't be with you because it looks like a good route. Another time then.

Have a good day.:smile:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Aperitif said:
Have a good blast you lot! Cakes all round...and a few square ones too!:smile:
We'll try!

For me, it's a 45% grovel, 45% blast and 10% potter along route. There are some long uphills (one is 5.5 miles), but we also have a few loooooooooooong downhills (longest being 4.5 miles, just when I need it - at the end!).

Whoopee - the sun is shining here at the moment!

Anyway, I'd better go and get ready or I'll be keeping everyone waiting...

Top Bottom