N+1 ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MickL

Über Member
Road bike and Hybrid, Road bike for odd commute and odd ride on a weekend but I try not to take it out when its wet. I recently got a Subway which is now my commuter/work horse.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I'm working on it.
I do only have one bike, hybrid used for commuting and other cycling. I also have a bso used for shopping trips but I'm considering panniers so I can use the real bike then too.
I've been looking at mtb's, but not hardcore, I quite like the specialized ariel,but whenever I go to the lbs I am distracted by the road bikes. What's that all about?!
I'm terrified of the drops, yet I still find myself drawn in their direction. Time to man up and go for it??
Also time to ask for a pay rise to fund it?!
A cross bike could be the way to go, not quite the best of both worlds but worth a look, was thinking about one myself for when we go touring, but i need to convince the other half i need another one,
So where were we
1 commuter
1 road bike
1 mtb
1 cyclecross.
Yep that's it you need 4 bikes. lol

ayceejay

Guru
I once bought a cat on a whim. I told my wife that it was a stray that I had rescued. This story won me many brownie points and the money was never mentioned. I have had some luck finding brand new wheels in a skip but the new bike that arrived yesterday while she was out was a bit difficult as she saw the box it came in. I told her it was a box to send a bike in but I think I went too far and she might be on to me, thank goodness the new bike only cost $350.00
Pinocchio

oldroadman

Veteran
I have only one bicycle. To have any more would be absurd. I spit at people with more than one bicycle.

I have a spare for when my only bike is broken or unsuited to the terrain. My spare is a hardtail. It does not affect the status of my only bicycle.

Sometimes, both my only bike and my spare are unsuitable or U/S. For that eventuality I have a fixed-gear bicycle.

There is an ancient (but faithful) rigid MTB hanging from the rafters in the cellar. It does not affect the status of my only bicycle.

In the highly unlikely event that my only bike and the spares are Donald, I have a son who is one inch taller than me and who knows that I paid for his bicycle and is happy for me to use it.

I have nothing but contempt for anyone who has more than one bicycle. I would rather drink from the sewer than have more than one bicycle.

When I was a motorcycle courier in London I also had only one bicycle. If this last sentence makes no sense, it was not meant for you.

^_^ Well you can only ride one at a time, after all....any more are clearly excess and indulgence, and very, very uncomfortable. Best to get a trike (as a spare) for icy conditions though!

I have two, road and mtb but would love a hybrid..

If you switch the stems and saddles, you'll have two hybrids at zero cost.

I hope I have helped, but I fear I have not.

Top Bottom