Nadal Wins Australian Open

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Serbians are united in their congratulations, I'm sure :laugh:

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Serbians are united in their congratulations, I'm sure :laugh:
Slightly annoyed whenever people bring up personal lives of athletes.

We're talking about two people who hit a ball back and forth - judge them by how well they can do it. Not whether they're a nice person, give to charity, support minorities or like musicals. Sport is sport - athleticism and technique. That's it. Well done Nadal.

We're talking about two people who hit a ball back and forth - judge them by how well they can do it. Not whether they're a nice person, give to charity, support minorities or like musicals. Sport is sport - athleticism and technique. That's it. Well done Nadal.
Sports is more than one's prowess in a sports discipline. It's about manners, following the rules to participate, providing the audience entertainment and many other attributes. The same approach applies when we employ people or we invite people into our homes The first rule is personality rather than technical or work competency or station in life.

If given the opportunity who would you invite to give talk on Tennis at your annual work symposium - Nadal or Novak?

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Sports is more than one's prowess in a sports discipline. It's about manners, following the rules to participate, providing the audience entertainment and many other attributes. The same approach applies when we employ people or we invite people into our homes The first rule is personality rather than technical or work competency or station in life.

If given the opportunity who would you invite to give talk on Tennis at your annual work symposium - Nadal or Novak?
You lost me completely there, mate. What does sport have to do with public speaking or manners, I've no idea.

Never heard anyone say 'Usain Bolt breaks another world record, but he doesn't hold the door open for older ladies' or 'Tadej Pogačar wins another TDF but doesn't say back 'hello' to strangers'. I do recognise what 'sportmanship' and/or 'fair play' is - but both are demonstrated in events and not outside of them. 'The same approach applies' to your example of employees - you care about their behavior but only at work/in the office - you're not really interested how they treat their mother in law, do you?

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk

Are you saying you're annoyed with me, given you quoted my post? On what basis please, I don't think I mentioned a tennis player's personal life?

Sharky

Guru
If given the opportunity who would you invite to give talk on Tennis at your annual
Reminded me that I had the pleasure of attending a seminar and the late Andy Ripley was the guest speaker and gave a really good talk. Remember him from the old "superstars" competitions. He wasn't a bad rugby player either.

Reminded me that I had the pleasure of attending a seminar and the late Andy Ripley was the guest speaker and gave a really good talk. Remember him from the old "superstars" competitions. He wasn't a bad rugby player either.
Alex Ferguson began lecturing at Harvard Business School on Business and Management with a focus on sports. There was also a case study on his management acumen that the Harvard MBA class undertook. Like Ripley, these guys are a class act and true models for us all.

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I'm not into tennis, but if I were and was going to watch it later I would be mighty peeved by the thread title! :eek:

How about changing it to something like Australian Men's Singles final result? :whistle:

In to tennis and does not watch or listen to Aus open live where history may be made? But instead browses Cyclechat. What kind of tennis fan is that?

Top Bottom