Naked Bike ride in Southampton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dondare

Über Member
Kirst said:
Edinburgh police said they'd arrest anyone participating naked. One bloke commenting on the newspaper website said he couldn't do it naked in case he got his bits caught in the chain.

I'm trying to track him down.

Perhaps he rides a 'bent.

downfader said:
Each to their own I suppose. This isnt about nudity, this is about the naked truth of oil dependency and vulnerability of cyclists. I personally think that we're an outgroup as it is, going naked for an hour aint gonna change the idiots minds but may provide others with the impression that we're not these "serious minded lycra louts" they might have thought. They might even see it as fun.
You may be right (*sigh*). There are enough idiots out there in cyberspace already, headed by the 'they don't pay road tax' brigade.

I suppose I see myself as one of the old school, the ones least likely to come up against antagonistic motorists. Indeed I would not feel entirely lost amongst this group (although they were a bit before my time!). Watch them! I know it's an oldie! Lots of pretty young ladies, but not a bare bum or t!t in sight, instead there are plenty of folks there having a thoroughly enjoyable day out!

jonesy

Guru
downfader said:

Each to their own I suppose. This isnt about nudity, this is about the naked truth of oil dependency and vulnerability of cyclists. I personally think that we're an outgroup as it is, going naked for an hour aint gonna change the idiots minds but may provide others with the impression that we're not these "serious minded lycra louts" they might have thought. They might even see it as fun.

Actually I fear quite a lot drivers regard cyclists as bonkers, and cycling naked isn't going to challenge that perception...

wafflycat

jonesy said:
Actually I fear quite a lot drivers regard cyclists as bonkers, and cycling naked isn't going to challenge that perception...

Pah! Just shows what they know! As cyclists we all strive to avoid the bonk! Hydrate! Eat! Hydrate! :ohmy:

Mad Doug Biker said:
I presume there is an age restriction on this so that all the peervs don't come out just to see it.
I don't think there's any upper age limit - seeing as at least one gentleman forummer (different forum) of advancing years (not quite my advanced years, but not far behind) has been - er - photographed...

Make of that what innuendo you will....

Another reason why I do not plan to participate, myself, is that I do not wish onlookers to go on antidepressants and need counselling...:wacko:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I did it two years ago and it was the best laugh I’ve had in ages, there were some young children there in swimming costums, but no one seems to mind
Ps I wore a thong :wacko: and me helmet :blush:

Tinuts

Wham Bam Helmet Cam
Cyclist33 said:
Considering So'ton seemed to have easily the highest %age of hot totty per head of population of any English city when I lived there, I would think this would be an excellent event!

Ha Ha! I don't remember that from when I lived there.

Jezston

Über Member
Those comments from that woman who wouldn't want her children to see a naked man ... some people are messed up. Fair enough someone not wanting their children to see a man performing some kind of perverted sexual act, but just a man, naked as nature intended, behaving normally? Why should someone have to be 'protected' from that?

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
Jezston said:
Those comments from that woman who wouldn't want her children to see a naked man ... some people are messed up. Fair enough someone not wanting their children to see a man performing some kind of perverted sexual act, but just a man, naked as nature intended, behaving normally? Why should someone have to be 'protected' from that?

Yeah but he is on a "bike" **shudder** That cant be natural surely!!!!!

Top Bottom